Cabot/Morgans claimform - 2 debts cap1 card + Barclaycard - *** Settled on F&FS ***

heathrow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes Coledog wasn't you the one 2 months ago posting " embarrassed defences everywhere" same one for every thread.I gave you some advice then.

Yes, I did but I know my limitations and was trying to learn, still am. That was for the people with split claims mainly who were similar cases but I was trying to adapt them to the POCs.

And I got the sample from a Sticky thread

I am happy to look at any approach that helps people deal with the system and it is largely self help as people have to deal with this themselves in the end, we can only guide.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I did but I know my limitations and was trying to learn, still am. That was for the people with split claims mainly who were similar cases but I was trying to adapt them to the POCs.

And I got the sample from a Sticky thread

I am happy to look at any approach that helps people deal with the system and it is largely self help as people have to deal with this themselves in the end, we can only guide.

With respect CD I dont think you are in any position to guide anyone in the Legal Forum with regards to CPR and Court procedures. perhaps a fewmore months in the Debt Collection Forum.

Now lets leave it at that.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Oh dear me. Come on guys ... let's drop the handbags business we are all trying to be helping each other here and I certainly need help and I am grateful to those that are giving it. Right then ... to return to the business at hand, Andy you are telling me to add the line in RED that you have confirmed. Other than this do you feel this is ready to submit?

Heathrow if you can give me a little more time to run through it again I understand that the deadline was not today.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Please contribute by all means, and agree to disagree if need be, but please be polite, I am guilty of giving the worng information in the past, but luckily have been corrected on most occasions. It is a constant learning process for all...A forum likes this gives people chances to add to what has been written and if need be give an opinion on why the comment/advise isn't right. Nobody is perfect !!

Here's a little pressie from the Cabot Fan Club that may help you people....Ken Maynard is going to be sooooo pleased to be reading this and it comes with all our love:

Subject matter: In House solicitors - Think MORGANS, they are Cabots in-house solicitors

EU Court rules that in-house lawyers are not covered by legal professional privilege

Summary

On 14 September 2010, the European Court of Justice held that, in the field of competition law, internal

company communications with in-house lawyers are not covered by legal professional privilege.

Background

The judgment follows a dawn raid by officials from the European Commission and the Office of Fair Trading ("OFT") of Akzo Nobel Chemicals and its subsidiary Akcros Chemical in 2003. The European Commission and the OFT have wide-ranging powers under EU and UK competition law to undertake investigations, raid companies' premises and take copies of documents. During this investigation, a disagreement arose in relation to the application of legal professional privilege to two e-mails with Akzo's in-house lawyer. Akzo Nobel and Akcros challenged these decisions before the EU General Court, which were dismissed by the General Court on 17 September 2007. The firms appealed against that judgment to the Court of Justice. - (The appeal was Dismissed ! LOL)

That means anyone being sued by Morgans can get via their SA R all communications between the departments

Don't you just love the EU?:lol:

Anyone wants some bed time reading - here ya go.. http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cgi?doc=/eu/cases/EUECJ/2010/C55007_O.html&query=title+%28+Akzo+%29+and+title+%28+Nobel+%29+and+title+%28+Chemicals+%29&method=boolean

xx Ken !!

• Haha 1

Okay, have I got this wrong then? - In the field of competition law

On 14 September 2010, the European Court of Justice held that, in the field of competition law, internal

company communications with in-house lawyers are not covered by legal professional privilege.

Before anyone get's too excited, I'll get this checked out as I don't want to send people on a wild goose chase! What is 'Competition law' by comparison with what we are doing...? why should it be any different?

Back soon.....

• 4 weeks later...

Since my last post on 24 November I have sent the CPR 31.14 request to Morgans and they recieved this on 25th. They have not responded in the time period that I gave them nor have I heard anything further. I feel attack is probably the best form of defence so does anyone know whether I should now proceed with an application to have this claim struck out? If so wha\t is my next step?

Any help will be appreciated.

I have returned my part of the claim to the court stating that Ido not admit the claim and intend to contest it. This was done online within the stiipulated time and I also sent my CPR 31.14 request to Morgans by Recorded Delivery that they signed for on 25 November but they have failed to respond to my request to supply copies of both agreements referred to in their claim . This has obviously well exceeded the 7 day limit and they have not requested more time to supply. I now intend issuing an N244 to have the case struck out. What is your advice please?

I think that you need to ring the court ASAP as you should have submitted a defence, ask them what your optons are. You need a formal reminder to Morgans re: not responding to your request.

donate

Hi Heathrow

If you could just refresh were we are, I assume you submitted your defence on-time.Have you received acknowledgment from the Court? Has the Claimant responded? Is the claim stayed?

Regards

Andy

Hi

Thanks guys. I submitted the documents online to the Northampton clearing centre stating it was my intention to contest the claim. I also sent a request by recorded delivery to Morgans (CPR 31.14) that they received on 25 November. I received an electronic acknowledgement from the court but I have had no response whatsoever thus far from Morgans. Hence my request to know whether I should apply to the court to have the action struck out.

Any advice please.

You need to ring the court and check the date for filing a defence as you need to do this even if it is an 'embarrassed' one. You can also contact the claimants solicitor and ask them to agree an extension if they have not provided the supporting documentation by the required date but you have to make sure you meet the defence deadline.

donate

Sorry Andyorch do you mean have I applied to the court for a stay (adjournment?) because since I filed my response to the action I have heard nothing more from anyone.

No have you submitted the defence as per post number 19 that I amended for you? I know you have Acknowledged Service and your plea was to defend but this is all really pointless if you have not submitted that defence on time. If you did submit on time then refer back to my post number 49.

Regards

Andy

I would allow a little more time due to to the xmas holidays then check with Northampton if the claim is stayed.If so then you have option to make application to have the claim struck out or request the Court ti issue an order that they respond.Its a catch 22 because they may just set a side your application then respond or they may not, but allow a little more time before making further expense on application.

Regards

Andy

N149 or N150 Heathrow?

Andy

Thanks Andy. Form N150. I have also received N152 Notice that Defence/Counterclaim has been filed. Is it safe to include a letter to state that the Claimant has failed to provide the documentation to support their claim under CPR31.14 and therefore I believe the case should be struck out for non-compliance?