Loan Advice

Deano1000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a loan with Halifax PLC over 15 years ago for £3000 and as far as I was aware I had paid it all off.

I did not close my current account, but rather used another bank to do my banking.

About 3 years ago I reverted back to the Halifax and within the last year I have received correspondence advising that there is an outstanding amount.

Due to the Halifax adding interest, this amount now stands at £824.79 and I have received correspondence today advising that if this amount is not paid, legal action may be commenced.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as this would appear to be a breach of contract, are the Halifax not limited to issuing proceedings within a maximum period of 6 years and if they do not, then they cannot enforce recovery of this outstanding amount?

Could anyone please advise as I have no idea as to why they did not commence this action years ago.

Thanks

Hi Deano

The debt would be Statued Barred providing you hadn't made a payment for 6 years. If anything they should have bought it to your attention a long time ago.

You could do nothing and see what they do, or you could send the S/B letter from the library.

Also, I'd advise you to change your Bank. You don't want them trying to claim the money and you having to fight to get it back.

Hi Deano

The debt would be Statued Barred providing you hadn't made a payment for 6 years. If anything they should have bought it to your attention a long time ago.

You could do nothing and see what they do, or you could send the S/B letter from the library.

Also, I'd advise you to change your Bank. You don't want them trying to claim the money and you having to fight to get it back.

Rebel11, Thank you for your advice. It is most appreciated. I will send the SB letter.

Deano