Esa tribunal mental health

time4change2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys i wanted to kno if i can have some advice please

i suffer with sever mental health issued i have body dimorphic disorder acute sever depression disorder acrophobia and social phobia i went to my medial earlier this year and i was as scared as hell as you can imagine i am on very strong sedation medication that i have to take everyday and this effects my life but i have to take it as i have a tendency to try and take my owl life my recent attempt was in June this year as i cant cope with the mental problems that i have i am under a phyloligest psychiatrist and have a support worker too a have weekly meeting with my phycoligest to asses m current mental health and over the past 3 years i seem to be getting worse ia have massive violent outbreaks i have attacked my family members who also help care for me too more that i can count to which i cannot control at times as i dont like t be around anyone at all its scares and frightens me and i go into defence mode its something that i have been trying to control for 3 years but cant seem t

when i went into the medical once i told the advisor that ai have severe mental health issue her attitude changed and she was not interested really in listening to whati have and how this effects me every day and i am worried as i have my tribunal very shortly i also receive dla they recognise how sever my mental health issue are and the care i have to have every day and am just worried about the tribunal and what this will be and the out come anyone have any advice or have been in the same situation as me any advice will be great thanks

Hello there.

Do you have anyone to help you with your tribunal? CAB, Welfare Rights [through your council or CAB], maybe MIND?

What stage are you at right now? Have you had your Atos 'assessment'? If you have and the DWP have said you've 'failed' then you need to appeal. If you've already done that, you're at the tribunal stage.

Please tell us a bit more so we can help you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

ia have some but little support from my healh worker i have appealed and my hearing is in 2 weeks i have sent off off all evidence from phycoligest and phycartist and i have been told i need to have another assessment by another phsycarartist as i am now seeing an hearing thing in my mind that my doctors concrend about

Hello again. When you say your hearing, do you mean a tribunal?

You PMd me about my sticky on tribunals and appeals because you couldn't find it. If you use the back arrow to come out of your thread, then scroll up that page, you'll find the yellow threads and my sticky is with those.

My best, HB

Have you got someone handling your tribunal or supporting you with it? I know you have a health worker, but do you have someone with experience in welfare rights? And have they sent off the letters written by your doctors to the tribunal?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

At least you have sent this information off. It is hard these days to get access to welfare rights workers in many areas these days, but they can be very valuable.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 months later...

This is the written arguments that the DWP make on behalf of the secretary of state, arguing why they think you're capable of work, it will usually have a page number on the top to be added to your appeal pack that you were sent. The DWP are required to make the arguments in writing, even if a representative is attending the appeal - though in my experience they rarely attend. Was there something in the submission that worried you?

Yes, normally its already in your appeal pack when you receive it, but sometimes it may be late or they look again at the decision and they're required to write up the decision and send it to the tribunal, you then get sent a copy. Its nothing to be concerned about. Its important to read it and make sure that if you have a rep, that they have a copy, so that they can use it to prepare their own submission.

I know it sounds scary and intimidating, thinking about submissions and arguing cases etc But when you go to the Tribunal its quite informal. You sit one side of a large desk, and the judge and the doctor sit the other side. The judge explains whats going on and they both ask questions. When they're finished you leave the room while they discuss your case and then you go back in for the decision. Good luck, I hope you're successful

hey guy sorry not been in touch had my appeal yesterday and i WON YEAH YIP HEEY :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: with the support component i think that mean im in the support group i was awarded 71 points total by the tribunal panel even though i was terrified they understood me thanks for all the help nd support you have given me xxx 8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)

• 1 month later...

Hi nitelite,

I was wondering if you'd be able to help me - i came across your post looking for advice on exactly what you've posted about. My partner suffers from BDD and made a claim for ESA last year, he went for a medical assessment and scored 0 points. I appealed the decision which was then sent to a tribunal finally in January after months and months. I'm waiting for a date for the hearing and intend to get support from the CAB but could you give me any indication of what might have won the case for you considering you had failed the medical assessment too? I believe my partner should have scored around the same amount of points as you.

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks,

Laura :oops:

Hi nitelite,

I was wondering if you'd be able to help me - i came across your post looking for advice on exactly what you've posted about. My partner suffers from BDD and made a claim for ESA last year, he went for a medical assessment and scored 0 points. I appealed the decision which was then sent to a tribunal finally in January after months and months. I'm waiting for a date for the hearing and intend to get support from the CAB but could you give me any indication of what might have won the case for you considering you had failed the medical assessment too? I believe my partner should have scored around the same amount of points as you.

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks,

Laura :oops:

Hello Laura.

Nitelite used my 'sticky' on this forum, amongst other things to appeal the DWP decision. Perhaps I could suggest 2 things for now if I may. Firstly, I think you need your own thread on the forum. If you use the back arrow to come out of this thread and scroll up, you should find the Start New Thread button. And above that, in the yellow section of the forum titles page, you'll find my sticky about appeals and tribunals.

If you wouldn't mind having a read first, please come back to us with more questions later.

My best, HB