Discharge of Chargin Order

toddle2u
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok long story short. Charging Order secured on friends property for £50+k in 2007 for £47K loan and £3k o/d current account with Natwest. She didn't defend in fact didn't do anything as was in a difficult place at time and head was all over the place.

Anyway CCA'd, SAR'd and CPR'd Natwest took 18 months but finally got response saying they had no agreement, default notice etc all they had was statements. Said in regards to DN should rely on diary entries from there system - which they haven't given us.

Anyway Aug 2010 went to court on setaside application saying no agreement or DN so should be setaside and CO removed. Judge said had taken too long to apply for set aside and would not use courts discretion to grant it in this instance. But did say he may have looked at it differently if we had been bringing a claim against Natwest (who didn't even turn up to defend setaside).

Ok now preparing a N244 to apply for the discharge of CO on grounds of no loan agreement or agreement to o/d no DN etc.

Is this the way to go and what the Judge was implying?

Any help appreicated

Hi Toddle

The judge said it was to late to set a side due to length of time in making application, but if you had made a claim against the claimant he may have looked at it.

You haven't made a claim so why are you making application for discharge?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You haven't made a claim so why are you making application for discharge?

I thought that this was the direction the Judge was pointing us in. Not sure if i'm not seeing the wood from the trees here but on what grounds would we make a claim against Natwest for?

I cant really say or understand what the DJ reasons for saying that was based on.He as refused set a side so how could you bring a claim unless its a separate claim to that proceedings.

A separate claim may be for data protection or damages hard to say without the full knowledge of the case and the DJs hindsight.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi,

should rely on diary entries from there system - which they haven't given us.

They are referring to her "Diary Event History".

To get a copy of this, she needs to request it from the department which holds this data on there system. It is

The Recovery Manager

Customer Management Services

Kendal Court

Telford

TF3 4DT

Send them a copy of the SAR, and a letter specifically requesting the "Diary Event History".

As for the judges decision to not consider the merits of the case, purely on the grounds that she was out of time.

"CPR 3.9 & 3.10 allow the courts to 'overlook' errors of procedure

as long as there is a good explanation for the error

and there is merit in the underlying argument asked to be heard".

CPR 3.9 & 3.10 allow the courts to 'overlook' errors of procedure

as long as there is a good explanation for the error

and there is merit in the underlying argument asked to be heard".

And that is key which he has decided not to in this case.

The set a side was refused.

No he said " Judge said had taken too long to apply for set asidelink3.gif and would not use courts discretion to grant it in this instance. But did say he may have looked at it differently if we had been bringing a claim against Natwest" Which the OP has not, how could they, what would be the claim?

It would have to be a fresh claim nothing to do with the above set a side, as that was refused.

Ok the following was the Judges decision made before a hearing took place. He made this decision without a hearing. We requested a hearing and that was when he said a claim against Natwest would have been looked at differently.

1) The proposed defence is not in any eventa denial, but a putting to proof. There is no positive argument that no money is outstanding on the account

2) There is in the circumstances no real possibility of the defendant being able to show there has not been undue delay in making the application

There is no mention of the merits of the actual points raised in the setaside application apart from the above.

Debbbsy - we wrote to Telford and all they sent us was the diary history from when the court action began and nothing from beforehand regarding the DN's

Telford have got it, the log begins when the account goes into default & is passed to them. Have you threatened them with a complaint to the Information Commissioner. Don't give up, I got mine, and it was full of inaccuracies, and was extremely revealing about was was going on with my accounts.

• 6 months later...

Ok I need to resurrect this one. I Applied to the Courts for a declaration of unenforceability.

Without a Hearing I got a reply stating 'the application is struck out because the Judgment has been enforced'.

Thats's it nothing else.

Anyone any thoughts on this and where to go with it now?