Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim 2

caro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Report them to the OFT as well.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something might interest a certain person who works in the risk department:

Nine months’ imprisonment for signing false statements of truth

Nield & Acromas Insurance Company Limited v Loveday & Loveday [2011] EWHC 2324 (Admin)

A defendant has been given an immediate sentence of nine months’ imprisonment for contempt of court in signing statements of truth on documents that he knew to contain untruths. This is the first contested case of contempt over statements in documents used in civil proceedings before the Divisional Court (Queen’s Bench Division). The claimants were able to show, using evidence that included covert surveillance footage and photos from Facebook, that the first defendant had grossly exaggerated his claim for compensation following a traffic injury.

This case highlights the importance of ensuring that any statements of case or witness statements are carefully reviewed by the person who is signing the statement of truth and that they are aware of the consequences of knowingly signing a statement of truth that contains falsehoods.

Better get your armour out young man!

Edited by spot
I've been purrrrrrrring so much after seeing this I left out an rrrrrrr !in armour LOL

Guest blackie

Swift are giving me £278.00 refund of charges, however they have charged me nearly £5,000 in charges. Can this be right.

In Swift land what they do or say is always right and good luck if you don't agree. They refunded me £600 from £31,000 of charges (I only had a mortgage with them for 30 months) Being Swift they didn't bother to break the refund down so I asked them to send one through. It took 3 requests to finally get it. @r5eh0les.

In Swift land what they do or say is always right and good luck if you don't agree. They refunded me £600 from £31,000 of charges (I only had a mortgage with them for 30 months) Being Swift they didn't bother to break the refund down so I asked them to send one through. It took 3 requests to finally get it. @r5eh0les.

Hear hear :mad2: They (Swift Advances, not Swift 1st) refunded me approx £900 on £3000 worth of charges earlier this year and this was after nearly two years of trying. We were only with them for 18 months and got shot of them some years back - thank god!!!

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hear hear :mad2: They (Swift Advances, not Swift 1st) refunded me approx £900 on £3000 worth of charges earlier this year and this was after nearly two years of trying. We were only with them for 18 months and got shot of them some years back - thank god!!!

Hi People,

I do hope and earnestly request that ALL of you who have suffered at the hands of Swift (in whatever incarnation they are/have been), to please send your details of what has happenend to you to the OFT now! It will greatly assist this matter, and ultimately may well assist others including ourselves..

I have a direct contact for you to send them to:

Sam Bragg

Secured Lending Team

The Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX.

My sincere thanks for your co-operation and my very best wishes to everyone,

Dougal

Read more at: Swift Advances Plc - Page 28 - Legal seagulls Consumer Forum

Just decided to go down the PPI route. I am claiming against Alliance & Leicester, HFC and Swift.

I took out a loan in around 2003 and ended up paying back 18k MORE than I borrowed, depsite almost losing my flat. I have instructed a PPI recovery company to work for me on a no win no fee basis.

I am confident that I will get SOMETHING back from the first two, but am I wasting my time trying to challenge Swift.

I cannot recall what the breakdown of the charges was, I seem to recall shredding the documents in disgust when I was shot of the parasites, but I know the PPI company will request this from Swift, but has anyone here had any joy with reclaiming ANYTHING from Swift?

• 1 month later...

Afternoon all,

I could not resist this:

'Important notice about this website for members of the public.

The information on this website is for the use of professional mortgage intermediaries, credit brokers and existing Swift customers only.

It is not intended for the general public. Members of the general public seeking further information about Swift should speak to their financial adviser.'

'Swift Advances plc is an appointed representative for insurance mediation activities only of Swift 1st Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Swift Advances plc and Swift 1st Limited are both registered in England under company numbers 1800474 and 5020019 respectively'.

The above was taken from the bottom (if you will pardon the word) of their website today.

My view of this: 'Pride always comes before a fall....'.......Need I say more?

Best wishes to all,

Dougal

• 6 months later...

Hi are people still fighting swift I am another one of there victims .due to there ever increasing monthly payments on my secured loan that I couldn't meet and missed payments I had horrendous charged stick on Im now in payment arrangement with them and have been told once my areas are clear (will be forever as my £768 monthly payment is apparently only covering the interest) I will have £10,000 of charges and additional interest to pay off can I claim back these charges ?