HFO, please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, no record of the debt on there at all. Will the search show up, for example, if I wanted to get credit for something else (I don't but I'd be annoyed if I did and was turned down because of searches by people like HFO..) I will log a complain with the people you have mentioned. Thank you!

It won't show up if its not on there now - but some companies use different Credit Ref Agencies - so does not mean its not on the others. the main two to check are experian and equifax. - The info they have already sent you comes from experian.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have to get your own copy of your credit report to check how the search has been recorded. When you complain to Experian, express this as one of your concerns and insist that Experian remove the search. If you look at that thread, Experian really have no right to allow HFO to access and use your data in this way. Were your house details from the Land Registry as I would also complain about this to them also, it is public Information but it should not be used in this threatening manner - cheek!

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Standard HFO tactics. They will even claim in a court that documents were sent when they were not – and I can prove that is their modus operandi.

Can you remove your personal and account details from what they have sent you and post it up?

This account is probably getting close to SB, I would guess in the next six or eight months – this is why HFO are panicking about these old accounts. They have sat on them for years, doing nothing. It just proves they are running their business rather badly. Aren’t you, Mr T? If I was your big boss, I’d sack you.

There certainly has been a spate of these pre-2008 accounts coming to the fore... especially as they are the ones party to the 2006 "agreements" (and I say that very loosely). Trouble is I can many people hoodwinked into accepting the debts which are more than likely statute barred anyway. If only we could do a leaflet drop from an aeroplane... I can imagine a few members of staff from our favourite company taking a tumble out of one too ;-)

Send them a 72 hour notice back, stating

"I do not acknowledge any alleged debt to your or your clients and am going to issue an N1 form in the county court for harrassment, as part of the documentation I will rely on I need the following

Details of who sent you the information you hold on me

Full details of how and when you have tried to contact me about this debt from 2006

Copy of original agreement in your possesion (which you will of course need for any claim against me)

Details of your complaints procedure

If I do not have any of these by xxx I will be issuing a claim against you for

Searching my credit records without permission

Creating a false record on credit records

Chasing somebody who is not in debt to your company

Harrassment

Yours in anger

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I sent the documentation a while ago, and all has been quiet, no response. Then today I received a call I didn't reconginse, called it back and the lady said it was HFO. I ended the call. Then 10 minutes ago, my next door neighbour comes round, saying hes had a call from HFO, a lady called Anita, saying she needs to contact me urgently on this number! I don't even know his phone number! Is this legal? I'm furious, how dare they do this, and if it isn't legal or right I want to report it to the right person to deal with it correctly, especially as I know nothing about this debt!!

Any suggestions please?

An irate lottieloves2!!!!

Ring Consumer Direct and insist that they report this to Trading Standards, mention that you believe that the company are actually run from Wimbledon SW19 so it is Merton Trading Standards, make a fuss. Have you made any complaints yet. I have some links somewhere.

donate

Hello, I sent the documentation a while ago, and all has been quiet, no response. Then today I received a call I didn't reconginse, called it back and the lady said it was HFO. I ended the call. Then 10 minutes ago, my next door neighbour comes round, saying hes had a call from HFO, a lady called Anita, saying she needs to contact me urgently on this number! I don't even know his phone number! Is this legal? I'm furious, how dare they do this, and if it isn't legal or right I want to report it to the right person to deal with it correctly, especially as I know nothing about this debt!!

Any suggestions please?

An irate lottieloves2!!!!

This is not legal. As BA says, complain to the OFT and to Trading Standards.

HFO have previous on this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1179871/TONY-HETHERINGTON-Hurl-brick-window-advises-solicitor.html

Include a copy of this in your complaint!

I've emailed TS in Merton, as someone else was advised to do in another thread, and told them everything which has gone on. Is it worth making a formal complaint to HFO, or would that be like weeing against the wind???

I sent the CCA request on the 14th of November, are they allowed to contact me by phone if they haven't responded to my request for the CCA?

Thank you.

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

If you have not received a CCA response within 14 working days then send the account jn dispute letter also, by recorded delivery. If they abide by this they should not phone you

Account in Dispute letter link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

donate

Response from trading standards:

From the contents it seems that you need Consumer Advice. Merton Trading Standards work in partnership with Consumer Direct, a national body set up to give practical consumer advice on various consumer issues to enable you to resolve your problem.

Their contact details are Tel: 0808 156 2246 or Consumerdirect.gov.uk.

Consumer Direct will give you advice, keep a record of your problem and may refer your enquiry to the relevant Trading Standards Service who may take action as appropriate.

Yes - you do have to report via Consumer Direct, that is the official channel but make it clear that you are making a complaint about HFO/Turnbull Rutherford and you want this dealt with as a complaint by trading standards - you do not want their advice as you have already taken advice, thank you!

Once you have done that, reply to Merton with the reference number.

donate

Had a nice lady call from Consumer Direct to confirm a few details before handing it over to Trading Standards, she said they would be investigating the harrasment side, especially as they shouldn't be calling after not giving me a CCA. She seemed really shocked about the contacting the neighbour bit, and said it's one of the tactics they use to scare you into paying, whether you owe them money or not! Had another couple of calls today from HFO, which I haven't answered, although it's really tempting just to answer and let them know the s**t they are in!

Thank you again everyone for all of your help,

Hello again, I don't know if this will help anyone but Ive just had another call from Consumer Direct. The lovely lady said she forwarded the complaint to London Trading standards, who have made a note, but advised that the OFT are carrying out a full investigation on HFO and Rutherford. The man heading the case at the OFT has asked for copies of all correspondance with details of calls too. I have the mans name and address, would it be OK to post it here, or would anyone like me to PM it to them so they can add to the case? Looks like they are taking it all seriously though, which is a good thing!