style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I put this on by mistake and couldn't get it off without entering a question. Sorry!!  

1 Cagger has voted

1. 1. I put this on by mistake and couldn't get it off without entering a question. Sorry!!

• Stupid
    • Thick

Hello to everybody,

I have been looking through this site for a few weeks now, since i saw it advertised on ITV's Tonight programme with Trevor Macdonald. I thought that i might as well have a look and give it a go, if it seemed straight forward enough.

I have two bank accounts with the Halifax, through which they have unlawfully charged me £1,964.00. Luckily enough I had kept my statements for these accounts so i could start the ball rolling immediately. I sent my preliminary letter to them on 22nd August 2006 and got the standard complaints procedure leaflet sent back to me two days later. If i have had no positive response by tomorrow (7th Sept 2006) i will be sending them my next letter giving them a further 14 days in wich to reply.

I have also sent off two seperate access requests to my credit cards , one to "Halifax one" who have cashed the £10 cheque but have not written back, and another to "Mint" who have sent a letter confirming receipt of the requst and of the cheque, they also stated that the information would be with me within the 40 day limit. Both of the these requests were sant on 22nd August.

My girlfriend and brother in law both took a great interest in what i was about to do when i told them, so they too are "Going for it"!:D

They have both sent off access requests to the Abbey as they both bank there. My girlfriend sent hers off on 22nd August and received a letter on 30th August acknowledging the request and £10 fee. They went on to say something about archived records and microfiche records, however the letter basically said that we would receive the information within the timescale. Not sure what format it will turn up in. We will have to wait and see.

My brother in law only sent his access request off on 2nd September so no response as of yet.

Can you believe it!:-x I have received two more charges on my halifax accounts over the past week. £69 in total, i will be making an extra claim for that.

Q: Does anyone know if you can come to some sort of arrangement with the bank after you have claimed all of your charges back, stopping them applying these charges to your account in the future?

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everybody involved with this wonderfull site and wish you all the best of luck.

Finally i would appreciate any advice people could give me in this opening round, or indeed any heads up for the inevitable scrap. Feel free just to say hello if you want. I will keep you all posted.

You won't be ablt to make any arrangement with your bank about charges. They are like donkeys.

Post in the forums for your banks but mostimportantly, don't take any action until ytou understand very clearly all the steps. This means lots of reading of this site. About 5 -6 days very solid work might be enough to get going