Beneficial Finance / HFC - PPI Claim ** SUCCESS **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yep

expect them to pull every trick in book

have they got a FOS PPI complaint form off you yet?

i've 2 outstanding with them, both with the FOS

one at ADJ stage

one at OMB stage

in both cases

hfc have complainted...after +2yrs that i have refused to fill in the FOS questionaire/complaint form

cheeky beggars, there wasn't one 2 yrs ago!!

between you me and the gatepost

the FOS are none to happy still with HFC to this day.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So me being ever the optimist is wrong here then lol!

Im going to make a point of sending them 'chase up' letters every month. I've no doubt this will not turn their lack of response around however it will help me build a file of evidence!

FYI - The FOS have my complaint and are dealing but just today i got the letter 'we are getting 5000 complaints a day, it could take us a year to resolve'

Thanks

Shane

Yup, no optimism where HFC are concerned I'm afraid.

You'll get your own back one day. Just photocopy the cheque when you get it... attach it to a photo of you in the pub drinking a few bevvies. It'll wind up their staff no end ;)

• 1 month later...

Ladies / Gents

Quick update - ive had a letter from the FOS stating HFC are willing to make me an offer to settle my complaint without any liability for mis-selling being admitted. The FOS have said HFC will be in contact in the next 14 days with the offer.

Fingers crossed for a decent offer : )

I'll keep everyone up to date.

Thanks

Shane

• 2 months later...

UPDATE

Ladies & Gent

My mother has just recently settled her complaint with HFC Bank of mis-sold PPI. She got a refund 'without any admission of liability' of approximately £3500 which she was really happy with. Thank you to everyone who ever gave a bit of advise on this issue!!

Onto my claim - i received my first refund offer from HFC on Saturday just gone for approx £1500 however i am going back to HFC and am holding out for a higher amount. The sums calculated by the various members of this forum amounted to approx £2100 last october so i really think HFC are 'trying it on' to see if i'll just accept their first offer and go away. I've wrote back rejecting the offer so will see what they say shortly.

Again thanks for everyone's help on the above.

Shane

• 2 months later...

Morning guys

HFC are holding firm in their approach to refunding me what i believe is due in terms of my PPI refund. Their current offer is £1,570.97 whereas the sums calculated by very helpful members of this forum indicate that my claim is worth in the region of £2,332.61. I have checked that there are no discrepancies in the periods which both me and HFC are calculating the refunds but they mirror each other. The difference lies in the monthly PPI premium which i believe is £22.50 because that is what's stated in my loan agreement however when breaking down their figure without interest it works out to £15.42.

I have requested a complete breakdown of their offer however they only say in response that the offer is calculated in accordance with FOS rules etc. They only give me the calculation as follows:

Paid PPI premiums and interest thereon: £1,094.71

8% compensation on PPI payments made: £476.26

Can you guys give me some sensible advise. I am half minded to just shut up and accept their offer but then there is part of me that says i have a spreadsheet that shows my claim to be worth in excess of £700 more.

HELP PLEASE

Shane

• 6 months later...

All

Just a quick update. I've managed to get to a position with HFC Bank where i am happy to settle.

Essentially i've had them offer me in excess of £1800 for mis-sold PPI so this one can go in the successul thread.

It only took 2 years!!

Thanks for everyones help.

Shane