flapjackboy vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, after finding out about the ruling by the OFT and finding this site I have decided to claim back all my fees from the Halifax.

I sent off my SAR letter today to get the information about all the charges on my account sent to me and left the Post Office with a big grin on my face, imagining the look on the face of the Halifax employee who opens it and thinks "Oh no, not another customer wanting to claim his charges back!"

Payback feels gooood.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent 04/09/06, awaiting reply.

Statements arrived 11/11/06 along with cover letter apologising for going over Data Protection Act time limit and promising to refund DPA fee, prelim letter sent out same day.

Just checked online with the post office and my SAR letter has arrived, so just have to await the statements.

Statements arrived 11/11/06 along with cover letter apologising for going over Data Protection Act time limit and promising to refund DPA fee, prelim letter sent out same day.

Good luck

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Well, the Halifax took another £90 in charges from my account and by doing so, scuppered completely my plans to go to a BBQ that I was looking forward to as I wasn't able to attend the one last year. (any guesses as to why?)

One of the traditions at these events is the destruction of old, broken office equipment in tribute to the greatest film of all time, 'Office Space'. So, to cheer myself up after this bombshell, I asked those that were there to stick a Halifax logo on one of the bits of kit scheduled for destruction.

And here's the pics:

TSC UK BBQ - 9th-10th September 2006

I hope the Halifax pay you otherwise you will be puter less lol

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Nah don't worry, it was all broken kit that got destroyed and none of it was mine. Still, was good to see something with their logo on it destroyed, even if it wasn't actually owned by them.

• 1 month later...

Update time.

I received my statements by recorded delivery today, roughly a month past deadline along with a cover letter apologising for the screw up and saying that they'll refund the £10 Data Protection Act fee for me.

I entered all the charges into the spreadsheet and the total came out at:

£1706.82

Will be sending off my prelim letter later today, so hopefully I'll get a result just before Christmas.

• 2 months later...

Well, got a letter from them today offering £1678, which was so close that I rang them up and haggled with them. They had placed further charges on my account since my claim started and that had taken the amount up to £1880 but I said make it a straight £1700 and I'll consider it settled.

Not yet, Layla. I've got to send the acceptance form off first, but the money is pretty much in the bank, so to speak.