Penalty Charges, Motorcycles Chained to Lamppost, Just Moved To Bad Area,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I moved into, what i know now is a bad area recently, i had two motorcycles up to a month ago, one for work, other for pleasure.

Since moving to where i'm living i've had nothing but trouble with kids messing with and pushing over my motorcycles.

I decided to chain both motorcycles to a lamppost on the path two feet from the road where i would have normally parked them. There are no lines, no signs saying no parking, my Motorcycles was not even obstructing pedestrians using pathways.

Withing two days of me chaining my motorcycles to lamppost i received two Penalty Charges, so i decided to park both motorcycles back where had been parking, withing a few days my work motorcycles was stolen , 2 nights later someone tried to steal my other bike, and nearly did so and would have if they had better bolt croppers.

In the end i have had to rent part of the my neighbour's garage to store my motorcycle in.

In light of the hassle i have been though, do i have a chance of fighting these Penalty Charges £200

Thanks

Are you in London? Parking on the pavement is banned there.

Can you scan and post the PCNs, both sides, cleansed of personal identifiers so we can take a look and see how we can help?

Thanks

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Thanks Bernie_the_Bolt for reply

Please find has requested

I want to add photos of bikes parked and because it's 20 or more posts i cannot do it.

Can't even give a download link to download folder with photos in.

IMG_0001.jpg

166ke9k.jpg

2ckm5w.jpg

2qtx45h.jpg

Edited by Daniel182
cannot add scans

com/image/863a843e9ae1a23ca0676b7eaaba8e65

com/image/58cc0b3911170e697bd13c3cfb387538

com/image/fe8fd1a4c8b9e6a4277dcdf4cc1d6735

com/image/d4d736f8c01950725283e918f9ba8e17

PUT the following at the start. w w w.iimmgg. (CLOSE UP THE W'S)

Edited by Daniel182
TEXT

Bike pictures,

i55.tinypic.com/35l9ab4.jpg

i53.tinypic.com/2yxir0y.jpg

i53.tinypic.com/332ry3o.jpg

i54.tinypic.com/3329uoi.jpg

i55.tinypic.com/2potx84.jpg

i55.tinypic.com/97i2hh.jpg

i54.tinypic.com/13z68w0.jpg

i53.tinypic.com/bh0obr.jpg

i53.tinypic.com/2yxir0y.jpg

i55.tinypic.com/25kl8y8.jpg

Putting the parking ticket to one side you seriously need to review your security measures for the bikes. That chain would taken seconds to get through and the bikes gone. Any motorcycle like the yamaha that can be used for racing is particularly vunerable especially in London even if its in a garage bolt it to the floor.