Urgent employment problem, please help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

lol thanks guys :)

by the way- whenever I tell work I cannot attend the OH meeting they keep replying to me with meetings at a later date...can I tell them that I will not be attending full stop ? I am seeing my GP today.

cheers

N

Say this to them.

Thank them for their concerns and say that you have an appointment with your GP. Also, say that you feel that their continuous pressure to attend work is exacerbating your condition and would they kindly desist contacting as you will contact them regarding attending work appointments as soon as your GP recommend that you are in a fit condtion to do so.:?:

I think you might also consider asking them to contact you by post only, because of your fragile mental state. I used to dread getting phone calls from HR and they just wound me up and made me worse. They had no idea about stress-related or mental issues or how to handle someone with those problems.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You must go to your Gp and tell him everything. Ask yourself, and those closer to you the question: "Am I the same person I was before this started?" If they tell you you have changed - you have a problem brewing. The sciatic pain? Well if you have no slipped disc and haven't pulled anything recently, this is likely to be caused by you being tense, sitting in one position for overly long periods whilst sulking and weeping (come on, we all do it in these situations!). The only true cure for sciatic pain is to keep on walking, and if you do this it will lift your depression a bit as well. And watch your temper, because the slightest thing might cause a sudden association to what has happoened and you might end up clobbering someone in a red rage.

And yes, if you ring up the DWP - google - its an 0845 number, they will advise you,

I warn you now, you will get £64.40 a week. That is all. And it makes no difference that you have a job. You can still get ESA. At about week 13 you will get called to the dreaded ATOS medical, which you may well fail, most of us do, then for 6 months more, whilst you appeal, you will be pegged at the £64.40 a week still. It is a nightmare.

However, in my case, it was a nightmare worth seeing to the end.

I've always loathed a bully, never been the target of one til the ripe of age of 45! If someone came up to you in the street and belted you round the head with a baseball bat, what would you do? You'd hopefully recover and have the swine prosecuted because they caused you an injury. What happened to me and what is happening to you is very similar, albeit the bat is invisible. You've had a shock and all your bits have gone belly up (brain bits I mean!!). This is called a psychiatric injury. Gp's I am informed by my own, are recognising this more and more recently and a good psychiatrist will get you on the road to recovery. This will probably be at the local community hospital if you have one.

I reckon you want to forget about moving in with the girlfriend (because if you are ill this will pile more stress on you and you'll end up rowing and so on). Why not have a word with your parents about this and see how far they will support you - my parents have been invaluable even at the ages of 80 and 81! We've all had a rough time financially, but they were as determined as I was that I will not let this drop - I dug my heels in and 18 months later I am in a position to go for the jugular. If there is anyway you can do likewise, please do, but understand the bumpy ride you are in for.

Wish you all the luck in the world. Don't let people push you around like this - and stay away from the workplace. If they want a meeting they can arrange one at your home. With one of your parents there or both as a witness.

Hi guys sorry for late response, didn't see my e-mail notifying me of the replies.

Thanks for all of the advice so far it is much appreciated.

After declining to attend 2 OH meetings, my manager has this morning left a voice mail for me.

The message thanks me for making them aware I cannot attend the OH meetings. It goes on to say that a meeting has been arranged for me on Monday to attend the next meeting regarding the disciplinary.

My gut feeling is that if I attend on Monday they will notify me that the disciplinary has been upgraded to level 3 and that I am being dismissed for gross misconduct.

If I do not attend, will they hold the meeting without my presence and dismiss me? Do they need to write to me before I attend any further disciplinary meeting? Bare in mind I've barely had anything in writing throughout the whole process.

Thanks

N

EDIT: I am seeing my GP at 4:50 today which is the earliest I could get. Unfortunately work will be closed when I'm out and the appointment is on Monday

Okay just received e-mail from work. I'm not sure if it's reccomended to post such things here, but this is the e-mail with names etc removed:

Just left you a message on your mobile, also tried to ring your home number we have on record, but it doesn't accept withheld numbers.

We would like you to attend an investigatory meeting on Monday 6th September at 3pm. You need to wait in reception and a representative from HR will collect you from there. The purpose of the investigatory meeting will be to discuss the additional information that has been collected following the formal disciplinary hearing on 22 July 2010 where you made reference to sending these sort of emails for a period of approximately 18 months.

You are entitled to bring a representative to the meeting and that should you wish to do so you can contact ******** on, tel. *******.

Whilst we appreciate that you are currently not in work due to sickness we are Disciplinary policy,

"We reserve the right to continue our investigations and formal action during your absence, depending on the circumstances."

This meeting will take place regardless of whether you attend or not, as we wish to progress this matter.

Please can you confirm as soon as possible if you are able to attend.

The worrying part of the email is where they say I will have to wait in reception for a member of HR to collect me. This is how the other staff were treated when they were suspended - I've not been suspended and as far as I am aware my security pass still allows me to access the building. This indicates to me that they are treating me now as if I am suspended?

thanks

Hi, hope your hanging in there!

I'm no expert but if I was in your shoes I would ask for the meeting to be held in a neutral place outside of work as this is the place that is causing your sickness.

If you stress to them that you are willing to try and move forward on this with them but you need their support in doing so.

I would also speak to HR in writing if you don't fancy a phonecall and ask how when you have had a letter detailing the level of action can this be upgraded without your presence. A investigatory should be finding facts, but they can not do that without you???

Hope the back off a little!

Satch

Okay, this is just confusing me now.

After receiving the first e-mail I've since received a second from a member of HR.

The second meeting invites me to the investagatory meeting, but on a totally different date/time (13th sept at 3.30pm).

I contacted work and spoke on the phone to the employee representative who has been very nice and helpful to me through the procedure. He spoke to HR on my behalf and they said that they would resolve it with a third e-mail to clarify. I have received nothing since and work is now closed.

On another note I saw my GP this afternoon and she has advised that I do not attend the meeting on whichever date it is due to health. I'll email work back to tell them to hold the meeting in my absence. However the way they are I very much doubt they'll send any minutes or new evidence to me in writing.

Thanks

N

Hi there. They sound a bit of a shower frankly. If they don't tell you in writing, it will go against them at any future ET. But it might behove you to send an email asking for written feedback, Then if they don't reply, they won't be able to provide a copy of an email.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Evening everybody

Bit of an update and some advice if you would please :)

Last Friday was my last post. Work e-mailed me to tell me I had to attend an investigatory meeting. They e-mailed me twice stating two different dates. I e-mailed back to say my GP had advised me to not attend and asked them to hold it in my absence, whenever it was.

Saturday morning I receive a special delivery letter confirming the meeting was to be held today (6/9/10).

Before my next point, I'd like to add something: The company I work for is a large insurance company. They are very particular as you'll understand about Data Protection. We were not allowed to e-mail customer information outside of the company as this is not a secure method of contact.

Today I received an e-mail from the manager who held the meeting. I have been suspended from work on full pay pending further investigation. The email had attached a copy of the minutes from the meeting detailing what was said and showing the evidence. There is no mention of the level 2 disciplinary being changed to a level 3. It also stated that a copy of the letter would be posted to me.

Now my questions are:

1.) The email says I am suspended on full pay. Previous e-mails before I was suepended told me that my pay would reduce to 50% after being off sick for 3 weeks and then stop fully after 6. I have been off work for 4 weeks now, so should I be on 50% pay or full pay?

2.) Is e-mail classed as a secure method for them to be sending me these things? It has my personal information, details of the disciplinary and the evidence in there. Bare in mind I specifically asked my line manager not to give out my personal e-mail.

Thanks a lot

N