diggerofbeats v Natwest

diggerofbeats
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

this is my first and hopefully only thread! Firstly well done to everyone who has fought the faceless money machine and won, it gives me a warm glow.

Secondly, to anyone in the same boat as myself and about to start, good luck.

I am starting down the long road of getting my money back from N*twest !

I am about to send the Subject Access Request to get my statements for the last six months but who exactly do I make the £10 cheque payable to? I cannot find this information anywhere throughout the forums.

Thanks for any advice.

:oops:

Just make the cheque made payable to NatWest.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

lol don't ask me that question! NatWest have been very bad with me but i have seen it shouldnt take any longer than 20days for you to recieve them as long as they are ordered correctly by the staff. NatWest are playing silly buggers with me cos they have broken the law on four counts with my account.

In the letter make sure you state "I would like to cofirm the statements should be sent to (then your address)" so they don't play you up. Make sure it goes recorded delivery.

• Confused 1

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

I didnt get a reply to my request for bank statements from 135 Bishopsgate. I didnt send a payment luckily i just requested them to deduct it from my balance. Instead I just rang 135 Bishopsgate direct and they backordered them for free. I got them a week later.. Asked for the charges back, got standard letters from both 135 bishopsgate and my local branch. Just issued the claim online.. fingers crossed..

Matt

4/9/06 - £1156.00 + £148.18 INT + £120.00 FEE.

Awaiting defence!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recieved the famous shoddy brown envelope containing the last 6 years statements.

I am now writing the Prelim letter, but am slightly confused regarding interest.

In the FAQ it states that at this stage I should not claim for the 8% interest (accrued over time).

But the prelim letter states:

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

Can someone please help explain this to me?

:confused:

Guest littlesally

I was going to send to that address asking for money back, as thats where I used to get statements, but now I'm not so sure.

Come to the Bear room in the evenings as there's someone there who can help, failing that I will ask myself and get back to you.

• 9 months later...

Ok after being really slack and not doing anything from October 06 to May 07, I thought I'd better get back into this.

I sent the letter asking for refund plus interest (the one on Moneysavingexpert.com's website). And within a week I had this reply.

"26th June 07

Thank you for your recent letter regarding the fees applied to your account.

We are currently considering your claim. Given the work involved in assessing your claim we anticipate that we will be in a position to respond within 6-7 weeks, but will endeavour to do so sonnere if we are able to.

Yours sincerely

Stuart Higley

Customer Relations "

6-7 weeks !! It only took me an hour to work it all out, I guess Mr Higley's office is inundated with claims either that or he's hoping I'll forget all about it.

Has anyone else had this letter and what normally happens next ??

Digger of beats,

I have been on at Nat West since the beginning of the year....! So sorry, but that has been my experience. I wish now that I had set the deadlines, not gone by Nat Wests... I have received a couple of letters from Stuart Higley ... sounds familiar!

We did not come to an acceptable agreement therefore I issued a claim through MCOL. Cobbetts (Nat West's solicitors) have defended.. so now I am in the court process!

I have sent them a "nudge" asking for them to settle before it goes to court.. now I am waiting. My claim is for just over £3000.

That probably doesn't help, but sometimes it's nice to know how other people are faring! ;)

xx

diggerofbeats, you've had a standard nat west response - it's up to you whether you wait or not. You may get an offer to refund charges in full at the end of it.............. or you may get an offer to refund partial charges. So either file at court or wait............ the decision, is yours!! ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.