• Tweets

• Thank you very much for your letter in regard to the above mentioned shipment.  Due to the high volume of parcels coursing through the courier network each day, undergoing continuous processing and handling, certain packages may experience delays or even can get lost in the course of this journey. Please note that due to the time that has passed, this shipment has been declared as lost.  I have today processed the claim and made offers to the value of £75 as a goodwill gesture without prejudice. I do acknowledge that you have mentioned in your letter that the value was higher, however, you did not take out any protection to that amount. The protection for this shipment was £20 and we will not be increasing our goodwill offer any further.    Please log into your account online in order to accept our offer. Once accepted, our accounts department will process the claim accordingly. The claim payment will be processed and received within 7 working days.                                  In addition, a refund of the carriage fee will be processed as a separate payment and will be received within 3 working days.  If I can further assist, please feel free to contact me.   I have also just noticed that yesterday afternoon they sent me an email stating that "after my request" they have refunded the cost of shipping. I did not request the refund so will mention that in my letter as well.
    • Hi I had to leave Dubai back in 2011, during the financial crisis. And only now have I received a letter from IDRWW. Is this anything to worry about about as I have 2 years left until it’s been 15 years(statute barred in Dubai). Worried as just got a mortgage 2 years ago. Could they force me in to bankruptcy? Red lots of different threads on here. And unsure what true and what isn’t. 
    • Not that TOR will see this now he's thrown in the hand grenade. Rayner has plenty of female supporters on X, for a start. As for the council and HMRC, fair enough and I thought Rayner was already in touch with them. That's where it should be dealt with, not the police force. @tobyjugg2 Daniel Finkelstein thinks the same as you about tax. The Fiver theory. How the Fiver Theory explains this election campaign ARCHIVE.PH archived 28 May 2024 17:36:51 UTC  
    • Often with the Likes of Lowells/ Overdales that 'proof' doesn't stand up to scrutiny.   Think about it like a game of poker, they want to intimidate you into folding and giving up as soon as possible, and just get you to pay up and roll over, that is their business model, make you think your cards are rubbish. What they don't expect, and their business isn't set up for it, is for a defendant to find this place and to learn that they have an amazing set of cards to play. Overdales don't have an infinite number of lawyers, paralegals etc, and the time / money to spend on expensive court cases, that they are highly likely to lose, hence how hard they will try to get you to roll over.  Even to the extent of faking documents, which they need to do because the debts that they purchased were so cheap, in the first place. Nevertheless it works in most cases, most people chicken out, when they are so close to winning, and a holding defence is like slowly showing Overdales your first card, and a marker of intention that this could get tricky for them. In fact it may be,  although by no means guaranteed that it won't even go any further than that.  Even if it does, what they send you back will almost certainly have more holes than Swiss Cheese, and if with the help you receive here, you can identify those weaknesses and get the whole thing tossed in the bin.
    • So Rayner who is don’t forget still being investigated by the local council and HMRC  is now begging to save her seat Not a WOMAN in sight in this video other than Rayner  Farage is utterly correct this country’s values are non existent in her seat   Rayner Pleads With Muslim Voters as Pressure From Galloway Grows – Guido Fawkes ORDER-ORDER.COM Guido has obtained a leaked tape from inside a meeting between Angela Rayner and Muslim voters in Ashton-under-Lyne...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Off street Council owned NON PUBLIC PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Got past history with this one. But new developments.

Briefly :-

Council own only 6 parking spaces in our street. They charge £264.00 per year for a permit to park. Only between the hours of 8.00 a.m to 5.00p.m..

Not one of our local residents have bought a permit in the last 12 years since the council took these spaces over from a private developer."

Problem, ...local council have now issued PCN's (code 85) to over 4 residents.

We are challenging of course. Their sign says :-

Image see attached if possible.

It says ' these spaces are for permit holders only. failure to comply may result in a penalty charge notice being issued.'

I have tried to find out if the local council ever obtained an original Traffic Regulation order, but they say they don't know.!! I contacted the dept. for transport direct and asked if this was public information, they confirmed it was.

Does anyone know:

1. Is the sign legal.

2. Where could I search public records for a Traffic order.

3. How to word our challenge.

I do know that the council has to have a Road traffic order for their off street parking from the govt guidlines here... Operational Guidance

to Local Authorities:

Parking Policy and Enforcement

2.3 Discussions about parking tend to concentrate on enforcement. But all

local authorities need to develop a parking strategy covering on- and offstreet

parking that is linked to local objectives and circumstances. They then

need Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs) to put it in place and appropriate

traffic signs and road markings to show the public what the restrictions

mean. This strategy needs to take account of planning policies and transport

powers and consider the appropriate number of total spaces, the balance

between short and long term spaces and the level of charges

P.S one of the ticket receivers is disabled but was not showing their blue badge. But they checked the tax disk which clearly states 'disabled'.

Cheers and thanks,

The chipbutty.

My comment would be "Well we MAY PAY if we want to" !!!!!

will try and put in the image. here...Imag0002.jpgpencil.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You say the 6 parking spaces are in your street but a code 85 PCN is an off street contravention. Please clarify whether the bays are on street or off street.

There must be a traffic order to enforce the bays whether on or off street. Demand a copy of the order that regulates those bays from the council's legal department. If there is no traffic order then there is no contravention.

Hi,

Thanks for a speedy reply.

Forgive me for not being so clear.

I'll try..

Our street is a cul de sac, there was an old school developed on land at the bottom of the street.

The development is for social housing privately tenanced by Guinness heritage trust. the private residents have their own allocated spaces. A small area inside the development was taken on by the council as Guinness didn't want it, they gave the excess 6 parking spaces to the council for (on the original plans) as parking for residents. However the council decided they would try and sell these spaces to residents as off street parking at the rates I mentioned.

It didn't work out their way, as no one paid but have still parked there for 12 years now without problem.

It is only recently that a local councillor has moved into the development and has taken offence.!!!

And is now reporting the locals for parking there.

Guinness own the access road to the 6 spaces and allow the council access.

It has been a nightmare it all came to a head when the councillor convinced Guinness to introduce a private parking firm to police their allotted spaces. We are still fighting that but now the 6 council spaces are always full there is a vendetta against us.

Hope that helps. I can send you a google reference map if you need.

Cheers and thanks again.

chip.

Hi Thanks a million,

This shows the schedule of charges for the site but what I'm really after is the original proposal to

allow these to go forward. I'm talking tweve years ago for the TRO.

I have an appointment to see the original development plans but they have told me that wont cover TRO's.

cheers and many thanks. I note the charges are now £340 for hours 9am -6pm.

The site for everyones info is COTTEY MEADOW kingsteignton.

Cheers

the chip

I've seen a similar situation where a developer provides X number of spaces to the council in axchange for some (unspecified) service. The council can then - as part of their Off Street parking arrangements - enforce those bays and issue PCNs are required. To be valid, they will need a TRO that stipulate the number, location and size of the bays, providing distances from a point of reference. Assuming they can do this, then you need to roll over and pay, or take it to an adjudicator to query it on accuracy and validity. Even if on private land, Council can and do use Off-Street orders to legitimise these spaces that are not otherwise of the 'public road'.

If these Council spaces are 'always full' I'm assuming they display valid permits? The Council doesn't sell these spaces, they rent the ability to park there on an annual basis, and payment does not guarantee any particular space, or any right to park if there are no spaces available.

Hi Grockle, et al,

That's the baby. Yes it is a GLOBAL order. thanks.

However i'm not putting a spanner in the works but after looking at the ministry document " Operational Guidance

to Local Authorities:

Parking Policy and Enforcement

2.12 Whether or not they have CPE powers, authorities should make sure that

their parking policies are not only appropriate in terms of place and time,

but are properly underpinned by valid, up-to-date Traffic Regulation Orders.

The restrictions need to be made clear to motorists through appropriate

and legal traffic signs and road markings. A parking contravention is

nearly always a breach of a provision of the TRO, which must have been

made under the correct section of the RTRA. A flawed or inadequately

signed order may be unenforceable and can significantly damage both

the aims of enforcement and the public perception of its management.

2.13 Authorities should consult the public on their parking policies as they formulate

or appraise them. They should seek the views of people and businesses with a

range of different parking needs as well as taking into account the views of the

police. Once they have finalised their parking policies, they should make them

available to the public. Explaining the context and the purpose of parking policies

can increase public understanding and acceptance. It can even help public

acceptance of enforcement. Where possible, neighbouring authorities should

work together to ensure a consistent approach to parking policy and its enforcement"

I thought they would have to publicise these changes.

I dont think they have at all.

However I am most gratefull, I now have the name and contact of their legal section and can ask

probing questions.

I am so grateful to you all.

thanks again.

Looks like there is a TRO in place,

http://tro.parking-adjudication.gov.uk/default.aspx

Click on T101

Cottery Meadow is in the list at the bottom of the page.

grockle

Ta Grockle - got it that time. Yep, a quick glance at the Regulations and Schedule (Enforceable from 5th May 2008) appears to give them the right to charge. However, what distirbs me is that as a TRO it is hardly specific, in that it names the Street and the cost, but from a reading it appears that they claim ALL parking at this locus requires a Parking Permit, not the '6 Spaces' mentioned previously. If there are indeed only 6 spaces available for the Councl to use, these need to be marked and shown as part of the TRO, so that the non-spaces owned by the council can be identified. However, if they actually control all the patking at this locus, then they will not need to, as it will be deemed simply enough to state that all parking in this area requires a Permit, and that the signage on entering this area clearly identifies this. One entering the off-street area. or one each for every bay the order applies to (or a start and end sign if in a line).

As for the Disabled user who didn;t show their Badge, it would be easier for them to claim they forgot and ask for the ticket to be cancelled, than try to challenge their right to issue a PCN.

As to the 'consultation' this can simply be a small ad in the paper, nothing more, ands do remember they've had these powers for oner 26 months, so the fact they've not ticketed during this period is most unusual!

Hi, err not sure how to do a standard size image??

I just linked to the .jpg file.

I will try and resize my jpg but may need more than a couple of images.. hope thats ok.

trying now.. cheers.

Hi Thanks a million,

This shows the schedule of charges for the site but what I'm really after is the original proposal to

allow these to go forward. I'm talking tweve years ago for the TRO.

I have an appointment to see the original development plans but they have told me that wont cover TRO's.

cheers and many thanks. I note the charges are now £340 for hours 9am -6pm.

The site for everyones info is COTTEY MEADOW kingsteignton.

Cheers

the chip

You will need to contact the council's legal services dept as they will have responsibility for drafting any off street traffic order. Originally, when the land was first included in an order there should have been a public notice in the press similar to this one linked below. Ask the council to confirm the date the land became regulated by the council and to provide full copies of any orders or amendment's since this date that concerned this land.

http://www.teignbridge.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=24836&p=0

Hi, reply to all you super dudes out there,

You are fantastic for helping so much. I cannot do the image resize in paint shop pro without creating a massive Mg file, so I will try and take photos and do it that way.

I have looked at the legal requirements placed on the council regarding correct PCN and it appears

within stat. limits.

I will try doing the photos now. But fear time may be against me. so I will post tomorrow.

Cheers. and great respect.