Frustration with lack of replacement desk drawer after 4 months...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi- I have a frustrating situation, and am unsure what to do...

Back in mid-April, my partner bought a new small desk from an independent furniture place- and paid cash. When the shop delivered it, one of the drawers fell out and was damaged- the guy in charge said they would sort a replacement out asap. My partner visited the shop frequently for a few weeks after, but was always fobbed off with excuses - they were awaiting more deliveries, they were really busy, etc etc. After while, the shop said they would call him when a replacement drawer turned up.

Almost four months on, and we are still without a drawer. The last comminication with the shop was 3 weeks ago when I called and the guy in charge said he would sort out 3 drawers, so that it didn't look odd(!)...we're still waiting...We have a receipt.

To be honest, we are fed up with being fobbed off, and quite frankly, would like them to take the desk way and give us a refund. Do we have any rights, or has too much time lapsed? The desk hasn't really been used- only to store files and has some books on top.

Thanks, I would appreciate any advice.

V.