Frustration with lack of replacement desk drawer after 4 months...

Velouria

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi- I have a frustrating situation, and am unsure what to do...

Back in mid-April, my partner bought a new small desk from an independent furniture place- and paid cash. When the shop delivered it, one of the drawers fell out and was damaged- the guy in charge said they would sort a replacement out asap. My partner visited the shop frequently for a few weeks after, but was always fobbed off with excuses - they were awaiting more deliveries, they were really busy, etc etc. After while, the shop said they would call him when a replacement drawer turned up.

Almost four months on, and we are still without a drawer. The last comminication with the shop was 3 weeks ago when I called and the guy in charge said he would sort out 3 drawers, so that it didn't look odd(!)...we're still waiting...We have a receipt.

To be honest, we are fed up with being fobbed off, and quite frankly, would like them to take the desk way and give us a refund. Do we have any rights, or has too much time lapsed? The desk hasn't really been used- only to store files and has some books on top.

Thanks, I would appreciate any advice.

V.

You should make 'time of the essence' and write by recorded delivery telling them they have 28 days in which to replace the drawer or you will be rejecting the desk for a full refund as not of satisfactory quality and not fit for purpose under the sale of goods act 1979.