Being held to ransom by Creation Financial / All In One / NAC / Carcaft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies to the moderators for my duplicate post, I'm new to this forum (found it whilst browsing Google looking for similar experiences to mine, hoping to find a solution) and I've just realised I originally posted in the wrong section (Store cards). Regards, Rich.

Hi, I'm in a bit of a pickle with Creation.

I bought a car from CarCraft in 2008, at the time of sale the salesman 'encouraged' me to take out an extended warranty via a company called NAC for the same 4 year period as the car finance, supposedly covering any Breakdownlink3.gif eventuality. The credit agreement I signed was for a company called All In One Finance and was totally separate to the car finance with it's own direct debitlink3.gif.

I tried twice to claim on this warranty when the car needed repair work. The first time, NAC fobbed it off stating wear and tear, even though the mechanic at the garage repairing the car said this was impossible (injector seals on a then 4.5 year old, 30,000 mile diesel Fiesta). The second time (cracked inlet manifold) they asked for all the service documents. They then gleefully wrote back stating that one of the garages I'd used for servicing was not VAT registered and that I'd done too many miles between service intervals. They continued to state that I'd therefore breached the terms of the contract and because of this no claim would be honoured at that time or any time in the future. Fair enough I thought, it's my own fault for not reading the small print thoroughly. I then contacted CarCraft to say I'd be cancelling the direct debit agreement, as they'd declared the warranty null and void. That's when the problems began.

CarCraft referred me to NAC, who said I couldn't cancel. The reason being that the whole cost of the warranty had been underwritten by Creation and it was actually them I owed money to. The lady I spoke to said I had entered into an agreement and I couldn't simply stop paying because I had rendered the contract void through my own actions. She used the analogy that I couldn't simply stop paying for my car because I had broken it. I argued that I was not in physical posession of anything belonging to NAC or Creation.

I understand and accept that Creation may have parted with money initially, to 'buy' the debt from NAC, but remember the contract I signed was with All In One Finance. I did a bit of digging on the net and found that NAC are actually owned by CarCraft (as are WeBuyAnyCar, incidentally), is this also the case with Creation? I am confused as to what I should now do. How can I legally or morally be obliged to continue paying money to a company when they have stated in writing that they will never repair my car? I am not in posession of any of their property and they are not providing me with a service. In effect, since the date of their letter they want money for nothing.

I have contacted the Financial Ombudsmanlink3.gif who said they are powerless, as neither CarCraft, NAC, All In One or Creation are regulated by the FSA. I am now getting letters on a weekly basis from Creation telling me that I have no choice but to pay them.

Help?

Thankyou for your reply Coniff.

1: No

2: Not as far as I remember

3: I'll check!

As a bit of an update, I've registered with www.creditexpert.co.uk to check my credit file and, lo and behold, they've been posting late payment notices on my file since I cancelled the direct debit agreement. (I cancelled the direct debit once they sent me the 'we will never pay for your repairs' letter. After re-reading my original post, I don't think I made that clear.) However, this is being done by a company called Open & Direct Finance, yet another different company name and one I've never heard of or had any correspondance from.

Edited by Relliott6879

• 1 year later...

hi there.

I have exactly the same problem as you, carcraft sold me the NAC warranty with all in one finance.. I had a few problems with the car and they told me they wont pay for the repairs and it was quite expensive so I got rid of the car but of course I still need to pay the warranty for another 3.5 years at £45 a month.

I really dont know why we need to pay for a service we never receive. I was wondering if you have found any solutions to this??, I have been searching all kind of information on internet but nothing that really can help me.

One thing is for sure I will never ever again will buy a car from carcraft..

thanks for your help relliott6879

hi there.

I have exactly the same problem as you, carcraft sold me the NAC warranty with all in one finance.. I had a few problems with the car and they told me they wont pay for the repairs and it was quite expensive so I got rid of the car but of course I still need to pay the warranty for another 3.5 years at £45 a month.

I really dont know why we need to pay for a service we never receive. I was wondering if you have found any solutions to this??, I have been searching all kind of information on internet but nothing that really can help me.

One thing is for sure I will never ever again will buy a car from carcraft..

thanks for your help relliott6879

start your OWN THREAD

this on e is 2 yrs old

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

hi there

have you managed to resolve this issue? i took out the nac guarantee with a car i bought from carcraft last year but i got another car on finance through carcraft beginning of this month so the took my other back which i have the warranty on, im having nothing but trouble with carcraft with them cancelling the warranty for a car i no longer have. i really dont no where to go from here, carcraft are saying they are sorting it but i dont belive a thing there saying anymore.

lisa