Account maintenance charges not claimable possibly

CJ&theBOS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

back in 2001 - 2003 i incurred many of these £8.50 charges from BOS. Basically if i went over my overdraft limit then i would firstly be charged for going over the limit for each occurrence(usually £20 or £28) and i would also be charged an account maintenance charge for any month wherein i went over my agreed o/d. But you would only get 1 £8.50 charge for that month if you went over your limit say 2 or 3 times.

Is this claimable?

Has anyone else claimed these?

HBOS - Data Protection Act Request 03/08/06

HBOS - Statements received 29/08/06

HBOS - Preliminary Letter Asking for it Back 01/09/06

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

HBOS - Moneyclaim filed 06/10/06

HBOS - acknowledged claim 11/10/06

HBOS - partial offer received for £716 16/10/06

HBOS - I THINK I MIGHT HAVE WON!! HBOS credit my account

with £2341 + costs/interest!! will know details soon

26/10/06

IMHO I would claim these if I were you. I'm certainly claiming similar charges (in my case initially from Clydesdale), and most other people are as well. You might want to check with other people in the BoS forum how they approach these charges.

Basically, it will be up to your bank to show how all these separate charges are not punitive but realistic reflections of the actual costs incurred by them.

In most cases you will subsequently find that they won't be able and willing to do this, because they would have to divulge how much these automated transactions ACTUALLY cost them.

yeah i agree! curiously BOS monthly maintenance charge jumps from £8.50 per month circa 2002 (if you go over your o/d limit) to £28.00 a month in 2004

HBOS - Data Protection Act Request 03/08/06

HBOS - Statements received 29/08/06

HBOS - Preliminary Letter Asking for it Back 01/09/06

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

HBOS - Moneyclaim filed 06/10/06

HBOS - acknowledged claim 11/10/06

HBOS - partial offer received for £716 16/10/06

HBOS - I THINK I MIGHT HAVE WON!! HBOS credit my account

with £2341 + costs/interest!! will know details soon

26/10/06

Clydesdale have a maintenance charge of £7.50, on overdraft accounts, which is chargeable whether account is in credit or debit. This is an agreed charge and cannot be claimed back service charge which is made in the weeks following an alleged misdemeanour is a penalty! and should be claimed back.

I have BOS maintenance charges on my claim. I can't follow why they are applied to my account as some month it is charges and others it is not for no apparent reason.

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !