Arc Collections - complaint to the OFT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having had Arc hassling me I looked up their website then made the following complain to the OFT if anyone is interested:

Dear Sir / Madam

Are you aware that a debt collection company called Arc Collections are using your logo on their website? In addition they are boasting about forcing people to take out secured credit to repay debts which I believe contradicts government regulations. The website says:

• If the debtor is not able to pay in full, our trained staff will assess the possiblilty of refinancing the debtor, especially if they have security for a loan. Quite often this is a fast and efficient way to return the money owed

In all instances we leave the debtor without a doubt that we will not give up and ultimately they will pay. The long it takes the more they will pay. Often that thought will lead to a prompt payment or arrangement

The web address is http://www.arc-colls.co.uk/consumer_debt_recovery.php complete with spelling mistakes!

I hope you will take action to at least remove any association from them. I would like a response to my complaint

Edited by marc_30m

Going by the fact that checking spelling, punctuation and grammer are totally beyond them, I would CCA them and really confuse them. :p

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Hi Marc,

Had the same problem with Arc this week.

They phone you, and straight away they are aggressive,rude and threatening and if it wasn't for this site my OH would be beside herself so when they phoned again today i told the t*** that i ain't listening to him and when he started giving me verbal i just stopped him in his tracks and told him a few facts about how he couldn't issue a ccj.told him what the procedures are and because they didn't own the debt he couldn't issue a ccj and told him to foxtrot oscar.

They are just a bunch of jumped up morons who ain't got a clue...idiots.:D

I too have made a complaint to the OC and OFT today about their methods.;)

• Haha 1

I didn't go in to detail as to my case(s) initially but I have CCA'd them and they continually send me letters telling me to write to the original alleged credit provider, to which I always send the same response. Frankly it's great for the cost of a second class stamp I never pay anything! If they ever get their act together and produce a CCA then I'll deal with it.

As for anyone taking calls from these muppets, don't get involved no matter how persistant they become. Rehearse this phrase "Thank you, write to me please" then hang up. Don't consider manners, their sole aim is to intimidate you, turn the tables and take control.

Remember, they want your money and they only have one real enforcement method and that's through the courts. Most of these monkeys wouldn't know how let alone have the paperwork to do it !

I get these guys calling me a couple of times per week now for the last 4 months (or more). I have never picked up and never will, they can keep calling as long as they want, it isn't going to happen.

It relates to a David Lloyd cancellation (as with many others on here).

Now doubt ARC has sent letters too but I have moved house so wouldn't know.

Anyway, I can keep up this ignoring them as long as I have to.

Hi,

I've had a response from arc today about how they are going to instruct solicitors.I cca'd them and while not sending anything back they have kept the £1 po sent for the cca and taken it off the debt which is now £103.00.

They are so not allowed to do that. I hope somebody will will advise you further very soon!

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Hi,

I've had a response from arc today about how they are going to instruct solicitors.I cca'd them and while not sending anything back they have kept the £1 po sent for the cca and taken it off the debt which is now £103.00.

Report their fraudulent activity to the OFT/TS via Consumer Direct - Contact us

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Guest HeftyHippo
Report their fraudulent activity to the OFT/TS via Consumer Direct - Contact us

BB, that site only gives email and phone contacts. Do they accept good old postal complaints?

and if you make a complaint about a DCA, what do Consumer Direct do?

I have a complaint about ARC to make also! as well as others

As for anyone taking calls from these muppets, don't get involved no matter how persistant they become. Rehearse this phrase "Thank you, write to me please" then hang up. Don't consider manners, their sole aim is to intimidate you, turn the tables and take control.

When a DCA calls my house (which is rarely nowadays) I go into a full blown swearing aggrisive rant so much so that the caller does not know what to do and hangs up.

BB, that site only gives email and phone contacts. Do they accept good old postal complaints?

and if you make a complaint about a DCA, what do Consumer Direct do?

I have a complaint about ARC to make also! as well as others

If you contact Consumer Direct, via phone or email, they will pass it directly to the OFT and TS in your area aswell as the area that ARC work in so they are aware of any complaints.

I don't know about Postal complaints, I find it is best to give them a bell and make the complaint over the phone, followed up by an email. Every complaint is another nail in this sorry corrupt industry's coffin.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Company Profile Report (CPR)

Commercial Debt Management

Company Name: ARC COLLECTIONS LIMITED

Print Report

Previous Name(s): NO PREVIOUS NAME HAS BEEN RECORDED DURING THE LAST 20 YEARS

Registered Number: 03200418

Registered Office:

SUITE 1 ALBAN HOUSE

22A THE COMMON

HATFIELD

HERTFORDSHIRE

AL10 0ND

Incorporation Date: 17/05/1996

Country Of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Accounting Reference Date: 31/05

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/05/2009

Next Accounts Due: 28/02/2011

Last Annual Return: 17/05/2010

Next Annual Return Due: 14/06/2011

Company Status: Active

Type of Accounts: TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL Accounts

Nature Of Business: 7487 - Other business activities

Filing History

22/06/2010 17/05/10 FULL LIST

22/06/10 STATEMENT OF CAPITAL;GBP 1000

22/06/2010 DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / DENISE HELEN OUTLAW / 17/05/2010

22/06/2010 DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / CHRISTOPHER JOHN OUTLAW / 17/05/2010

27/11/2009 31/05/09 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL

09/06/2009 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/05/09; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

27/02/2009 31/05/08 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL

17/06/2008 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/05/08; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

26/02/2008 31/05/07 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL

19/06/2007 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/05/07; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

26/03/2007 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/05/06

01/06/2006 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/05/06; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

08/03/2006 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/05/05

23/08/2005 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/05/05; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

23/08/2005 LOCATION OF REGISTER OF MEMBERS

07/03/2005 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/05/04

09/06/2004 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/05/04; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

08/03/2004 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/05/03

05/01/2004 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 05/01/04 FROM:

G OFFICE CHANGED 05/01/04

5 EXECUTIVE PARK

HATFIELD ROAD

ST. ALBANS

HERTFORDSHIRE AL1 4TA

02/07/2003 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/05/03; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

03/03/2003 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/05/02

07/06/2002 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/05/02; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

07/03/2002 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/05/01

07/03/2002 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 07/03/02 FROM:

G OFFICE CHANGED 07/03/02

C/O BREVINS

218A HATFIELD ROAD

ST ALBANS

HERTFORDSHIRE AL1 4LW

21/06/2001 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/05/01; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

21/02/2001 ACCOUNTS FOR 'SMALL' CO. MADE UP TO 31/05/00

17/07/2000 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/05/00; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

09/05/2000 ACCOUNTS FOR 'SMALL' CO. MADE UP TO 31/05/99

06/08/1999 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/05/99; NO CHANGE OF MEMBERS

04/03/1999 ACCOUNTS FOR 'SMALL' CO. MADE UP TO 31/05/98

01/06/1998 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/05/98; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

01/06/1998 ACCOUNTS FOR 'SMALL' CO. MADE UP TO 31/05/97

13/08/1997 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/05/97; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

04/06/1996 NEW SECRETARY APPOINTED;NEW DIRECTOR APPOINTED

04/06/1996 NEW DIRECTOR APPOINTED

04/06/1996 SECRETARY RESIGNED

04/06/1996 DIRECTOR RESIGNED

17/05/1996 INCORPORATION DOCUMENTS

CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION

STATEMENT OF DIRECTORS & REGISTERED OFFICE

DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE

MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION

ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION

Mortgage Data

NONE

Guest HeftyHippo

small accounts? whats the max turnover to qualify for exemption?

a quick look reveals (from business link):

For financial years starting on or after 6 April 2008, a small company (not an LLP) must meet at least two of the following conditions:

• annual turnover must be no more than £6.5 million
  • balance sheet total must be no more than £3.26 million
  • average number of employees must be no more than 50

Thanks for the info, BB, there will soon be another complaint for Consumer Direct to process (mine). As you say, another nail in their sorry arse

Edited by HeftyHippo

The website says "recommended by" then OFT logo emblazoned, together with ICO logo I shall be making a complaint as well

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Guest HeftyHippo
The website says "recommended by" then OFT logo emblazoned, together with ICO logo I shall be making a complaint as well

where did it say that, I didn't see it but if I do, I will report it as well

Edit I see my mistake. I am looking at ARC Europe, and my beef is with them Are they related to Arc Collections in any way, they may be guilty by association!

I think if you're going to complain about the logo, take a screen print and send it with your complaint, just in case the webpage is changed

Edited by HeftyHippo

Hi All,

I complained about ARC (Europe ) to CD last night on line and i am now preparing to put something in writing to back up my initial complaint.

Please feel free to amend / advise on my letter attached.

I am not very good at putting into words what i should be saying so please feel free to do whatever.

Seems OK, run it through your spell checker, 'illegal' is the correct spelling if you haven't got one, other than that can't see a problem.

Just an update, interesting it gives his name !

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act)

Complaint Against: Mr Anthony Simon Remer t/as Arc Collections

Licence No: 612583

Thank you for your email received on 21 July 2010

I am writing to confirm receipt of your email and to let you know that we are currently considering its contents. A substantive reply will be sent to you as soon as possible.

If you contact us again on this matter please quote the above reference.

Yours sincerely

David Annis

Enquiries and Reporting Centre

Office of Fair Trading

Hi Marc,

I had a call yesterday from our Local TS officer wanting copies of all letters and a call log of all calls made......i duly agreed and e-mailed them to hin yesterday.

Low and behold we had our £1.00 cheque back today after the letter i sent in post 18 and their letter today states that they are acting on behalf of their client and will continue legal proceedings in 10 days if debt is not paid.

See you in court muppett!!!

Edited by twoman
spelling

why waste a stamp? The last letter did say, if you intend to send the same response again, please refer to my previous letter for my response. We all know it's just call centre monkeys hitting large brightly coloured buttons to decide which letter you get next. I just want an audit trail in case they ever try court.