Robinson Way-What do i do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have several debts, of which all are being paid off on a repayment plan, these debtors include HBOS who were the slowest in confirming an arrangement with me.( took 7 months!! ) The rest including Barclaycard could not have been more helpful.

However i have now received a letter following telephone calls every day for the past 4 days from Robinson Way containing a Formal Demand for Payment. If i do not pay the debt in 10 days then court action will be taken. I have refused to discuss anything with them on the telephone as i had not received the letter until this morning and i would not answer security details.

They state that they are acting on behalf of HBOS ( Halifax Credit Card ) although i currently have an arrangement with HBOS which is reviewed every 3 months.

Should i just ignore these threatening twats or what.

Any advice would be really welcome as letters like these really scare and worry my wife.

Thank you

Send a CCA request letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter.

Send recorded delivery with a £1 postal order and do not sign it.

They have 12+2 days to comply with your request.

Send to Robinsons

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

You say you have a payment plan, is this a voluntary direct with the creditor or is debt management involved.

Don't worry about the threatogram they always say that they will take action within a short period.

I too have received a demand from Robinson way. Firstly these important looking envelopes I think are already harrassement and impersonating a court order. They are not court orders and you have nothing to worry about.

It is highly unlikely they are nothing more than chancing it.

I agree that sending a formal cca request is the way forwards recorded delivery so you can track it and with a £1 post office cheque.

Can anybody advise me on what to do when the account that Robinson-way are chasing is currently in default with Capquest..?

If you have sent the Account In Dispute letter to Capquest, then they have acted wrongly in selling it on to Robinson Way.

I'd send a copy of your Account In Dispute letter to Robinson Way, along with the Account Sold On letter, which you can find here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

The Account In Dispute letter clearly states that a DCA is not allowed to sell on an alleged debt while it is in dispute.

You say you have a payment plan, is this a voluntary direct with the creditor or is debt management involved.

Don't worry about the threatogram they always say that they will take action within a short period.

Hi, it is voluntary with the credtor, i was going to ignore anything from Robinson Way as i would have thought that HBOS would have contacted me to state they had transferred my debt.

Hi nobbyn

Halifax did exactly the same thing to me in Jan - I entered into an informal agreement with them - they allowed me to pay my 3 mths then allowed an extention for a further 3 mths. when i cam to make the last payment in the second 3mth cycle they refused my payment and told me they had passed it onto their inhouse debt collection - pre litigation no less - Blair, Oliver, Scott - they didnt bother writing to me or anything basically because they dont have to...

i never recieved anything from Blair, Oliver, Scott but did get mail from Igor - I then sent them the CCA req letter and lo and behold they passed it onto Robinson Way last week. i sent them the indispute letter and have just recived a letter stating the account is on hold until they get info from Halifax.

the moral of the tale is........Halifax do what they like so play the game back - send off the CCA letter in the link that someone has already posted for you and just sit back and see hwat they produce - if anything.

as a matter of interest is this a credit card, loan or overdraft debt?? the more info you can provide on this site the more help you can get.

hope this helps put your mind at rest - you're not the only one mate

TB

Hi nobbyn

Halifax did exactly the same thing to me in Jan - I entered into an informal agreement with them - they allowed me to pay my 3 mths then allowed an extention for a further 3 mths. when i cam to make the last payment in the second 3mth cycle they refused my payment and told me they had passed it onto their inhouse debt collection - pre litigation no less - Blair, Oliver, Scott - they didnt bother writing to me or anything basically because they dont have to...

i never recieved anything from Blair, Oliver, Scott but did get mail from Igor - I then sent them the CCA req letter and lo and behold they passed it onto Robinson Way last week. i sent them the indispute letter and have just recived a letter stating the account is on hold until they get info from Halifax.

the moral of the tale is........Halifax do what they like so play the game back - send off the CCA letter in the link that someone has already posted for you and just sit back and see hwat they produce - if anything.

as a matter of interest is this a credit card, loan or overdraft debt?? the more info you can provide on this site the more help you can get.

hope this helps put your mind at rest - you're not the only one mate

TB

Thank you for the info, my debt is a credit card with Halifax. I have a standing order, so i am just going to carry on paying Halifax direct.

Thank you for the info, my debt is a credit card with Halifax. I have a standing order, so i am just going to carry on paying Halifax direct.

They state that they are acting on behalf of HBOS ( Halifax Credit Card ) although i currently have an arrangement with HBOS which is reviewed every 3 months.

Typical of Robinson Way...!

To be honest as much as i dislike RW - the fault here lies with the Halifax and the fact that they will not take on board the fact that people are having finanical difficulites and just refer them to some DC without telling their CUSTOMER. They do this because as soon as you cannot afford to pay them they no longer class you as a CUSTOMER, just some low life scrounger who is a thorn in their money grabbing side.

if Halifax were more reasonable about things they would probably find that people would not find this site and therefore not find out their rights etc etc. the bottom line is if we aint got it you cant have it.

I hope you get this sorted, there are loads of people on here who are in the same boat and are willing to help.

You situation is exactly the same as mine - if you have a look at my Blair,Scott,Oliver thread i got some great advice - it might help you

thanks

TB

To be honest as much as i dislike RW - the fault here lies with the Halifax and the fact that they will not take on board the fact that people are having finanical difficulites and just refer them to some DC without telling their CUSTOMER. They do this because as soon as you cannot afford to pay them they no longer class you as a CUSTOMER, just some low life scrounger who is a thorn in their money grabbing side.

if Halifax were more reasonable about things they would probably find that people would not find this site and therefore not find out their rights etc etc. the bottom line is if we aint got it you cant have it.

I hope you get this sorted, there are loads of people on here who are in the same boat and are willing to help.

You situation is exactly the same as mine - if you have a look at my Blair,Scott,Oliver thread i got some great advice - it might help you

thanks

TB

Thanks TB and everyone who has replied so far, it is much appreciated

Nobby

Send a CCA request letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter.

Send recorded delivery with a £1 postal order and do not sign it.

They have 12+2 days to comply with your request.

Send to Robinsons

Thanks HUFU i am going to send today, but just to be sure ( i am a bit of a thickie!! ) as my debt is a credit card do i delete the term s.77 and replace with s.78 throughout the CCA letter?

Thank You

Nobby

You have nothing to worry about, I have an absolute mountain of letters from these threat monkeys threatening everything bar sending me to the tower

Not one of these threats has been carried out and that is in a space of around 3 years

I shall continue to collect and ignore, whilst slowly investigating the data protection angle regards whether or not I gave each of the original OC's permission to pass my private financial details (in most cases so far - NO, I DID NOT!)

:mad:

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Thanks HUFU i am going to send today, but just to be sure ( i am a bit of a thickie!! ) as my debt is a credit card do i delete the term s.77 and replace with s.78 throughout the CCA letter?

Thank You

Nobby

If you want to, Yes, or leave as is

Edited by Hardupnotfedup

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Thank you for your confirmation on the letter.

On another side issue, RW continue to call me every day ay 8.00 am ( which i think is a bloody cheek ) and at 4.00pm, i do not answer their calls, should i speak to them or continue to ignore.

Many Thanks

Nobby

Robbers Way are a bunch of halfwits (and that is being very unfair to halfwits!). I have just taken great delight in writing to them and telling them to contact their client (Sharklycard) as they are demanding payment from us for a debt that has been paid off (we have it in writing from Sharkleys)... I told them if they contacted us again it had better be in the form of an apology!

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

I sent the CCA letter 2 days ago and now the twice a day phone calls have stopped, i hope that is not just a co-incedence...

I suppose i just wait and see what they come up with now?

Obviously spoke too soon, had 2 calls today 4.30 and 5.30 iam sure there will be another one at 8.20 tonight, they are getting on my nerves.

My wife may answer the next call and tell them i am on a 10 month contract in China and she will not divulge my address.

If you have sent the Account In Dispute letter to Capquest, then they have acted wrongly in selling it on to Robinson Way.

I'd send a copy of your Account In Dispute letter to Robinson Way, along with the Account Sold On letter, which you can find here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

The Account In Dispute letter clearly states that a DCA is not allowed to sell on an alleged debt while it is in dispute.

i dont think it has been sold to RW they are acting for the OC

quote:-

Thank you for your confirmation on the letter.

On another side issue, RW continue to call me every day ay 8.00 am ( which i think is a bloody cheek ) and at 4.00pm, i do not answer their calls, should i speak to them or continue to ignore.

Many Thanks

Nobby

if you can afford a truecall (£80 ish) then no more unwanted calls- ever ( and deduct it from what you owe them)

Thank you for your advice everyone, has a second letter from them today demanding immediete action as the unpaid account is in their hands to collect.

The debt is not unpaid, i have been paying back a set amount to HBOS each month and will continue to do so until they return the payments to me.

I sent the CCA letter to them, what should i do if i have not heard back from them after the 14 days is up?