style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is a bit of a long story, and gets a bit confussing (even for me!) but I will try and explain as well as I can.

We use to receive full HB and CT benefit, as I was receiving JSA. I then came of JSA, and due to the change in circumstances, had to re apply for HB and CT Benefit. This all went OK, and they said we would have to pay a portion of the rent and council tax, and they were going to back date it to the time the JSA ended. I must admit I did leave it just over a month before I completed new forms.

This also left us with some rent arrears. The woman form the council came out, looked at all the forms, and said 'they haven't done this right, they haven't included the fact that you have a disabled child, and they haven't applied the disabled child premium'. We then got back onto the council, and things went back and forth for a while, to try and get them to change things.

The rent was fine, as the woman at the council knew it would come through.

We received a court summons for the outstanding CT, and phoned the council. They said that due to us disputing it, there was no need to attend court, and they would sort it all their end.

The council finally admitted they were wrong, and issued us with backdated HB and CT, to include the fact that we had a disabled child. This then pushed us back up to full HB and CT. We thought all was OK, until we received a balliffs letter for the COURT FEES!

Council have said, that even if it was their mistake, they are not responsible for the court fees, and we must pay them. They don't seem to want to listen to us, and refer us to the balliffs.

Is this right? Are we responsible for the court fees?

Many Thanks

You appear to have been overlooked but hopefully this will help push you back to the top.

In my opinion you have been harshly treated and the Council are trying their best to weedle their way out. I think I would contact my local Councillor and ask them to take this up on your behalf.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]