mmm have i been missold if there was no 'person' selling??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK as much info as poss as suggested as i cant seem to find any threads that seem to address these issues :confused::confused:

I have 4 credit cards all i believe with ppi i have several questions if you could be so kind?

from what i can remember 3 of the cards were applied for through postal applications during the time of 'give a dog a loan' period when cards were offered left right and centre. 1 was egg which to be honest cant quite remember how i applied maybe online maybe postal. but NONE were at anytime a face to face app so to speak cant really remember if i spoke to anyone on the phone either.

im in the process of requesting CCA so should have more info in the future (presuming they can find them:D) and will request sar etc if/when needed.

all of these cards are also currently in default at the mo and with dca's

questions

1 as these were 'distant' applications can they be defined as missold as i filled the app rather than having someone sell it to me or do they have duty of care to get in touch and explain issues etc?

2 does 1 ppi arrangement cover all credit arrangements or are they only for the individual cards i.e if i had 1 would i need more.?

3 as i say cant remember the apps but does having to tick a box to say you DONT want ppi be defined as disguised/misselling because i cant really see me asking specifically for it.?

4 i do remember having a letter a fair while ago about ppi stating i think a change in t&c or a continuation in ppi and to conact them if i wanted to cancel. where do i stand with this?

5 as they are currently in default will this hugely affect any attempt at a claim ie be argued im only claiming it as missold because im in financial difficulty or can i argue that i only understood/realised the situation with ppi when i now have studied my current finances.?

thanks in advance for any help given

OK as much info as poss as suggested as i cant seem to find any threads that seem to address these issues :confused::confused:

I have 4 credit cards all i believe with ppi i have several questions if you could be so kind?

from what i can remember 3 of the cards were applied for through postal applications during the time of 'give a dog a loan' period when cards were offered left right and centre. 1 was egg which to be honest cant quite remember how i applied maybe online maybe postal. but NONE were at anytime a face to face app so to speak cant really remember if i spoke to anyone on the phone either.

im in the process of requesting CCA so should have more info in the future (presuming they can find them:D) and will request sar etc if/when needed.

all of these cards are also currently in default at the mo and with dca's

questions

1 as these were 'distant' applications can they be defined as missold as i filled the app rather than having someone sell it to me or do they have duty of care to get in touch and explain issues etc?

matters not go get em.

2 does 1 ppi arrangement cover all credit arrangements or are they only for the individual cards i.e if i had 1 would i need more.?

per card

3 as i say cant remember the apps but does having to tick a box to say you DONT want ppi be defined as disguised/misselling because i cant really see me asking specifically for it.?

prob ticked by default that you want it, must untick it if you dont.

4 i do remember having a letter a fair while ago about ppi stating i think a change in t&c or a continuation in ppi and to conact them if i wanted to cancel. where do i stand with this?

you only just foundout it was mis-sold. due to media coverage

5 as they are currently in default will this hugely affect any attempt at a claim ie be argued im only claiming it as missold because im in financial difficulty or can i argue that i only understood/realised the situation with ppi when i now have studied my current finances.?

makes no odds , give you breathing space

thanks in advance for any help given

don't forget unlawful fees too.

TBH: you need to do some reading

all of those are std questions.

see: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

and the other stickys at the top of the ppi homepage

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thx dx your a star

i know there standard quest's spent the last few hours reading threads and understand the issues but was hard to find specifics to my issues as sooo many threads was just looking for clarity as most of the threads are relating to loans was just looking for confirmation on whether the face to face thing (or lack of) was an issue so thx.

right im off to 'go get em' :D:D

tx again ill update

ok

:D

hello guests............

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...