Ebuyer - Potential Warranty issue

drcarlos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

15 Months ago I purchased some items from ebuyer which included a LCD TV/DVD Combi for my eldest son, it has fine until yesterday when the DVD player stopped reading discs (the discs can be read in our standby 7 year old Logix supermarket special). When I brought this is was listed as grade A and one year warranty.

Now my question is do I have any recourse?

IMO I do, the SOGA 1975 says a product should be fit for purpose and I would expect a minimum of 5 years service from a TV/DVD player and they should either offer to repair or replace regardless of any caveats.

I haven't made any contact yet but should I try softly, softly first or just go in all guns blazing?

Cheers,

Carl.

Phoned them, they stone walled me so I contacted consumer direct, they said it was a pretty open and shut case and that ebuyer are liable, refurbished item or not. Unfortunately ebuyer don't seem to agree. The enote conversation I have been having the guy obviously doesn't grasp that a warranty is different to statutary rights, so it looks like I am in for a bit of a fight with them.

This is more out of principle that the need for a new product really as I could go to Richer sounds and replace the product today if I was inclined. Why should ebuyer get away with pushing out crap to consumers to make a fast buck?

Carl.

Spent most of Saturday exchanging mails with a customer service rep who refuses to do anything. I am taking this up with my CC company and going for a refund under section 75.

To add insult to injury a normal product (not a re-furbished one) from the same invoice has failed this evening, this being my youngest sons DVD player, this also wont read discs I am hoping they will accept a return of this one.

I am really not ammused.

Carl.

Spent most of Saturday exchanging mails with a customer service rep who refuses to do anything. I am taking this up with my CC company and going for a refund under section 75.

To add insult to injury a normal product (not a re-furbished one) from the same invoice has failed this evening, this being my youngest sons DVD player, this also wont read discs I am hoping they will accept a return of this one.

I am really not ammused.

Carl.

My advice would be to write to them and include the email conversation and all of the info from consumer direct; focus on statutory rights. After that the only route would be section 75, but you may need to play a little bit of letter tennis with the CC company to get the refund.