Free Energy saving plug (for holders of qualifying benefits)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

andy, the instructions says you can programme it using any button on your remote

Yeah..I know...its not the actual button that causes this 'quirk', you could get around it by using a different remote (i.e a remote that doesn't belong to one of the items that is plugged into the Lime unit).

Still, no compalints, been using it for a week or so no and its good, I have 2 items that are not plugged into the Lime unit, my media center pc needs to be on all the time but I've succesfully changed the hibernate settings so its off most of the time (and wakes itself up to record tv programs, etc) and my Virgin box, this provides the tv signal to the media center so needs to be switched on, I'm not sure if Virgin recommend leaving it on all the time or not, I think Sky suggest you do otherwise you run into problems.

Andy

Virgin do say leave it on all the time as in the Sky box also , the VM box does talk back to their system etc and does updates when needed , so it is best it is not connected via the switched socket

Virgin do say leave it on all the time as in the Sky box also , the VM box does talk back to their system etc and does updates when needed , so it is best it is not connected via the switched socket

Well..its going to stay on now anyway, on a related note, when I lost my job, my 'leccy company (Scottish Power) sent me a digital electricty reader for free, this has been most usefull, showing me which items are drawing the most current and is handy if you want to cut down on your bills, I do believe my local library rents out a more flashy wifi version too you can use.

Andy

I turn my VM box of from the mains every night (and have done for years). I never have a problem with it.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)