Prove your identity! Ambrose Wilson.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is a lot more to this story but try a DD for £3,400.00 a month, and the bank having the hide to say we set this up and then they alloiwed another such payment to happen. Now people know why I will not allow a DD set up on anything and the new bank is under written warning if a DD happens they will be held responsible for any such payment going out of the account. I am digressing, my apologies to the OP.

Mrs Hobbit, this must have been a terrible experience for you.

I hope the bank refunded these payments. I find it hard to believe that a bank would in fact pay a direct debit for that amount without checking with the account holder first, I realise that such payments are based on the amount requested by the payee but surely if an amount of this size was requested, surely the bank should question it.

I don't think you need offer apologies to the OP for your post, if anything your experience should only warn them to get to the bottom of this matter.

My hope is you managed to get everything sorted out.

B40

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Not everything sorted, just have to get the bank concerened to make an annotation on my credit files that the problems they placed on there origina,ly was because of their intransigence. The FOS recently ruked in my favour on one of the matters and the bank 12 weeks later still has not made amendments, so I am going to the ICO and then handing it all over to my barrister and claiming damages through the HC, CRA's hiding behind whatever they think is smokescreen, but they are being named as co-respondents and for once Barclaycard are the good guys in all of this. they have stuck by me through thick and thin, even though they automatically lower my credit limit every six months and then restore it when I make contact with my Relationship Manager. Have to sort GE Money out over the interest rate hike, but nothing in arrears and all accounts up to date. It's wonderful.

My god, Mrs Hobbit - what an awful experience. I can't imagine how that must have felt.

I'll get another letter out to AW.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Sadly the late Mr |Hobbit did not live to see the ending of this saga. His words to me in the beginning, I will believe it when I see it and when I sttod my ground with MBNA and they had to write it offm that was a massive victory actually MBNA owe the Estate nearly £31,000.00 in contractual interest. This is a paper exercise now, but if they want to push it, its off to High Court with them also. Capital One are still quibbling with me over what they claim I owe them, so i told them to bring it on and we will see who wins in Court. I haven't heard a word out of them in 12 months. perhaps the creative writing exercise proved I am not to fool with. It is our original bank I am waiting to see in Court. they allowed it happen. revenge is best eaten cold. The new Mr Hobbit says, I am not getting on the wrong side of you.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, but you have to work at it and not let them bully you