Help Needed!!

Isobel Daly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My claim was deemed to be served on the 2nd August. I hd a photocpy of Acknowledgment of Service with intent to defend by Cobbetts LLP. No signature or name of person responsible. My calculations show they have to the 30th August to defend. Is this true? I haven't had any correspondence as yet from anyone. My MCOL has 'started' in the status box. Do I wait a couple of days extra?

Thanks for all your help todate.

Isobel

Hunbun;)

Hi

I have filed for a default this morning as now 29 days over Cobbetts time limit. On the claim it asks do I want to claim other interest to date can anyone tell me how to add interest from 28th July 2006 to date? Is there a template to do this?

Thanks

Hunbun;)

I was online to make judjment and my MCOl froze. Logged in again and the judjent has been halted they have put in a defence today. 1 day late. Spoke to MCOL they have deffered defence to my local court. How long till I get their defence and wha happens next. Anyone!!!!!!!!!!

Hunbun;)

cobbetts always wait until the last moment, they did it to me time up on a saturday yet they filed the defence on Monday. They have 24 hrs after the 28 day to file a defence even if you have entered a default earlier, the defence takes priority!! dont worry you will get a court allocation questionaire this link will explain. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Hi there

Is there any benefit to sending the AQ back to the court immediately or should I wait until near the last date for filing? Also have spotted a mistake on my spreadsheet that was originally sent to NAtwest. Can I send an ammended version to the court with AQ? I saw someone had done this and it was OK am I the only stupid person out there?

Hunbun;)

Hi there all,

Sendind CPR response to Cobbetts.

Having a bit of a mare!!!!!!! Lost my original spreadsheet with interest calculated. Can i send the list of charges with a subtotal and the total for interest added at the bottom. If I change the one I have done it changes the days from offence to today's date. This is not appropriate. Am I totally stupid? Probably........

Hunbun;)

Hi there all,

Sendind CPR response to Cobbetts.

Having a bit of a mare!!!!!!! Lost my original spreadsheet with interest calculated. Can i send the list of charges with a subtotal and the total for interest added at the bottom. If I change the one I have done it changes the days from offence to today's date. This is not appropriate. Am I totally stupid? Probably........

i am a little unsure what you mean:?: When you get judgement or a settlement interest is calculated upto that day. as long as you have the charges and interest amounts it should be fine. plus cobblers will settle before this gets to court!:D

Being a bit vague today. I have a total for all the charges on a spreadsheet but not an accumulated total of interest worked out day by date, and a total of the interest owed via. the online calculator at 8%. Total charges 3630 between Nov 00 and Jul 06. Interest looks like 1495.53 does this look right? Interest seems a bit high to me. Any thoughts....

Hunbun;)

Being a bit vague today. I have a total for all the charges on a spreadsheet but not an accumulated total of interest worked out day by date, and a total of the interest owed via. the online calculator at 8%. Total charges 3630 between Nov 00 and Jul 06. Interest looks like 1495.53 does this look right? Interest seems a bit high to me. Any thoughts....

mmmm it does seem a bit high try this spreadsheet.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

For mine i didn't put any interest on at this stage. It is on the original documents that i submitted, and I specicified claiming interest on the form. They only asked for justification of the charges I'm claiming so I listed these to get to the figure "claimant is claiming XXX in charges" figure they wanted.

SNATCHWEST and NOBBETS no scare me!

Hiya Plutos,

This is the response letter to the request for CRP saying not necessary as small claims but have attached schedule of unlawful charges - are we on the same track?

I thought that they needed this info as NatWest has not provided them with it.

its not really your job to provide information to them, the bank should be doing it for them.However you can provide some information as a goodwill gesture. read bigcols thread and letter he sent it is very good. :D it stopped cobblers contacting me regarding CPR 18

Hi there,

I decided to send my defence and request for them to complete CPR Part 18 as did Bs0lth. They sent full payment to her within 14 days. Bit long winded but thought it may be a bit different and wanted to see if it made a difference. Going with AQ to court today. Is it scary?

Hunbun;)

Well done - you go for it. It will be really interesting to see what result this has!

Hi there,

I decided to send my defence and request for them to complete CPR Part 18 as did Bs0lth. They sent full payment to her within 14 days. Bit long winded but thought it may be a bit different and wanted to see if it made a difference. Going with AQ to court today. Is it scary?

SNATCHWEST and NOBBETS no scare me!

Hi Isobel,

I'm about at the same stage as you. I sent off a letter to Cobbetts saying that I didn't have to comply with the CPR request, and just attached my original spreadsheet and an updated version with the extra interest added since the claim started. Have got to get my AQ in by Saturday (left it until the end to see if I got anything back from them beforehand - but the silence is deafening.

(Knowing how much lawyers charge, and the amount of claims they must be dealing with, Natwest must be paying them a small fortune. You'd think it would be easier for them to settle up straight away and save us all this aggro!)

Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer to get our cash - and i can then start another claim for the charges they have done me for since I put the first claim in!!

Roger:)