2 Insurance Policies One Car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had an accident today ... and i phoned my car insurers Morethan and asked to put ina claim. Did all the stuff everything great.. they said courtesy car in 2 hours... 2 hours later no car... so i phone them back up and they say my account has been put on hold becuase i have not yet made a payment to them...

I go on my Bank website check it out and they have not taken payment but my prvious insurer Halifax has.. i phone up halifax and find i still have a policy with them so i put in a claim there and they are happy to take this..

now.. my policy expired on the 1/6/2010 with halifax... more than told me that they would contact halifax and everything would be jsut switched over... this has not happened...

so i now have a policy with halifax and a policy with more than... i need to get a car becuase mine is now off the road... who do i have a policy with... or what should i do...

Cheers

Dan

Have the Halifax auto renewed the policy and not cancelled as requested by you? If you have given clear instructions to Halifax to cancel and they haven't, then it is up to Halifax to cancel and refund the payment. You would discontinue the claim with Halifax.

If you have provided Morethan with your payment details and the payment is due out of the account, then the Morethan policy is still valid. Morethan need to investigate why the payment has not cleared and arrange for you to pay by debit/credit card, so you can get the courtesy car arranged.

In summary the Halifax contract is cancelled if you have cancelled and the Morethan contract is still valid so should be the one to claim from. I say the Morethan policy contract is still valid, as you have not been advised of any intention by Morethan to cancel the policy due to non payment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread