Going to set the ball rolling!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What a great site!! :D

Over the years Halifax must have stung me for thousands of pounds in charges! So I think it's time I did something about it.

Just a couple of questions though.

Firstly, can I only claim back the charges where the value of missed DD's is less than the charge? Or can I claim for ALL charges levied against me? Secondly, am I correct in assuming I need to include a £10 fee for disclosing the information under the DPA? Thirdly, where is the FAQ?? :eek:

Cheers

DoubleVee

What a great site!! :D

Over the years Halifax must have stung me for thousands of pounds in charges! So I think it's time I did something about it.

Just a couple of questions though.

Firstly, can I only claim back the charges where the value of missed DD's is less than the charge? Or can I claim for ALL charges levied against me? Secondly, am I correct in assuming I need to include a £10 fee for disclosing the information under the DPA? Thirdly, where is the FAQ?? :eek:

Cheers

DoubleVee

Welcome to the site.

The FAQ is in the forum list and there is also a quick link to it at the top of every page. Once you have read that, you will know exactly what you can claim. And yes you do have to include the £10 fee for your DPA request.

Best of luck.

I would send cash. Thats a payment that they have received the instant they open the envelope and the clock starts ticking immediately.

If you send a cheque, you can bet your life that they will wait until you have insufficient funds before presenting it and then bounce it and charge you £39 plus a further £28 for going overdrawn!

Send cash and send it recorded delivery!

Let us know how you get on.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks