Vodafone defaults?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I have been reading with great interest a number of threads on here regarding the removal of defaults on credit files.

From the vast amount of information, I can see that people have a number of routes that they can take, however I am uncertain as to which route to take.

I situation is this, I had a Vodafone contract, ending approximately 18 months ago. However whilst with them, I had several defaults entered on to my credit file for late payment. All money owed was paid to Vodafone, and the debt never got past the "default stage", e.g. CCJ etc.

The defaults are now making life a little uncomfortable, and I would like them removed any which way. I have found the following letter, and was hoping for some advice as. Thank you in advance, and my HSBC claim for unfair bank charges is going well due to the support of everyone on here;

After recently obtaining a copy of my credit file from Experian I was concerned to note that your company has placed a "Default" notice against my previous Vodafone account.

Further to this I have no recollection of ever receiving such a notice, and I therefore require you to substantiate this data at your earliest convenience.

* You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 cheque in payment of the statutory fee.

* You must supply me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice

* Any deed of assignment if the debt was sold on

I would request that this data is provided to myself within the next 28 days, if you are unable to provide this data then I must insist that it is removed from my files as unsubstantiated.

As my I have moved address since closing the account, I enclose an original council tax bill as proof of my current address.

Yours faithfully

Are you sure these are defaults or are they late payment markers?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Several defaults? hm. Not several late payments. I don't want to press the point but check what the items on your credit are on the key, and if you are sure they are defaults, your letter looks fairly standard so fire away and good luck.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I would be worried if I had several defaults for the same account, is that possible considering the debts are still with the same company?

Vodafone don't do default notices, do they? Anyone received one cos I didn't receive one for wither of my accounts and they are marked as defaulted!

Will be chasing the removal of both soon.

Good luck anyway!

Regards

I have two defaults showing from vodafone on my credit file. Im claiming damages and requesting they remove the defaults. Sent moneyclaim though already and complained to the information commisioners office. See my thread here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/22995-bad-credit-default-removal.html

Barclays - Success. Total £3000.

Barclaycard - Success. £2500

Barclays Brother - Success £500ish

Vodafone - Default removal + claim for distress. Settled default removed = £1000 in compensation + £120 court costs paid. :D

-------------------------------------------------

Barclays using fowl play - Here