Mortgage/IVA advice required

Daley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, does anyone know a good mortgage company for someone on an IVA?

Alternatively, could anyone advise me on the following. I currently co-own a house with a friend, (50/50), and am weighing up my options. We were origionally renting the house out to a girl we know but she`s now moved out, and I`ve moved in. My friend wants to sell his half of the house and its currently on the market for £80k. Im on an IVA and as such require a substansial deposit for a future mortgage, which I would have from the sale of this place....we stand to make roughly £20k each. However, a colleague told me that I could buy my mates share and switch the mortgage to my name, without the need for the deposit. Additionally, I could lump my outstanding IVA debt (I owe roughly £18k but have been told I could settle it for £15k now) onto the mortgage?

The ball-park figures are that we owe 36 grand on the current mortgage, if we sold it for 78 we`d clear about £20k each after all fees were paid. If I bought my mate out Id need 36 for the mortgage, 20 for him and 15 added on for my IVA. Does this sound viable?! What other options do I have?