Vodafone misinform and charge for 2 contracts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning,

My mother is currently (but not for much longer) a pay monthly customer of Vodafone. With her contract running out she phoned customer services to discuss her options. She doesnt use alot of minutes, hardly any texts and has no interest in the newest handsets so the guy on the phone recommended a £10 a month sim only deal. She was quite happy with that and agreed to the deal. The guy told her that he would send her out a new sim card with a new number and that her original simcard would still work for the next 30 days until it was cut off. She then got what she thought was her final bill and she stopped using the original sim and went on to the £10 a month sim. the following month she recieves 2 bills. 1 for the original contract and 1 for the sim only contract. She has now complaint to Vodafone who have told her that she got the £10 sim only deal as a SECOND contract. She has told them she never and she has been misadvised by the original guy a few months earlier. Vodafone then tell her she will face a termination fee of £76.00 if she cancels the original contract now but also informed her that she could of finished her contract back in December. Vodafone then informed her that they will have to listen to the previous phonecall to see if she has been misinformed or not.

My mother is furious with how she has been treated by Vodafone and just wants them to take a hike.

Does anybody have any advice on how to deal with this? My mother does not now want to be paying for 2 contracts (she doesnt want to be paying anything to Vodafone now).

All help is greatly appreciated

Sploits

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

Hi, sploits.

We have a member of the vodafone webteam that comes on this forum, go to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html and contact them, you will receive a response which will include a reference number, post it back here and lee_vodaphone will look into it for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/259838-vodafone-complaints-vf-webteam.html

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Sploits,

I'm never nice to hear about experiences such as this but I'd be happy to take a look at things for your mother here and help her to get them sorted out.

To get in touch with the Web Relations Team she'll just need to follow the steps in the pinned thread which Scott has kindly linked you to and as soon as she's sent it just update the thread with the reference number and I'll make sure we get back to her as soon as we can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• Haha 1

Thank you Scott and Lee.

She is currently at work but I will get her account details, get the reference number and post it on here.

Thank you both kindly for your input so far.

Sploits

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p