EDF Sales Misinformation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just thought I'd warn everyone about an EDF sales [problem] that I encountered this week.

A salesman knocked on my door and offered me a fixed price per Kw deal for both gas and electricity. We together calculated the expected annual bill based on the power I had used in the past 12 months. The saving was about £140 pa.

I signed up, but the salesman left without leaving me his piece of paper showing the prices per kw used for the calculation.

I rang EDF the next day and asked for the prices to be sent to me. They came this morning.

Lo and behold, surprise surprise, the prices were not fixed for all kw, and the prices the salesman used did not include VAT although I did ask him about that so we could compare like with like.

The first band of charges is much higher (40% int the case of gas) than my existing supplier (Southern) and for a much higher number of units. My bills will be far higher if I continue with the deal. I have just phoned to cancel.

During the course of our conversation I was told that the government had sent a document to very household recommending the EDF deal (something which I told him I did not believe) and that the EDF website did not publish prices because it would alert the competition to their low price deals, which were due to the fact that EDF was the main carrier of the services.

I was also told that I would get an over-65 discount. (Another story I did not believe).

The same happened to a neighbour in the same block of flats.

Beware EDF.

I was quite hostile towards him at first, and made a show of going on the web to see if I could find anything to back up his claim that the government had sponsored the deal.

I had EDF turn up a little while ago to tell me that they thought I wasn't getting the best deal from them that I could - I had been with EDF since I moved into my flat almost 6 years ago and never had a problem with the bills and the amount I was paying - they just needed me to sign their form to say they had been and had shown me what I could save by switching tariffs.

Now, ordinarily I wouldn't have been too concerned about this sort of doorstep call, but.....

I had not long before (about 2 months earlier) opted to switch to another supplier and was just waiting for the transfer date to go through. I am also a regular reader of this forum so knew about people being conned into switching providers by 'just sign here to say I have called round' statements by sales reps.

Lets hope that if enough of us tell our stories others won't fall for the con tricks some suppliers let their representatives try!!

Feebee_71