old Barclaycard debt - HFO Services & a charging order

inacorner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for quick reply

The details of charging order are

the order of 2006 stands

the interest of the edfendant in the asset described in the schedule stand charged with payment of the sum of xxx athe amount now owing under a judgement or orcer given on OCt 06 together with any further interest becoming due and xxx costs of the application

the cost to be added to the judgement debt

my application to pay by£5 month struck out

the original order of 2006 stated

I had to pay the claiment xxx for debt plus interest to date of judgement and xxx costs

in their original claime they stated

'The claimant also claims interest theron pursuant to S.69 of the County COurt Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from 3 February 2006 to 11 August 2006 of £304.00 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a rate of £1.60 per day'

and as I mentioned in an earlier post they appear to be charging this at 12% !! not 8%

I assume from reply they wont comply with the SAR - is this accptable?

cheers

I've just noticed that in the letter received to day there is a differnce in the amount owing of over £1200 (less in most recent letter) which I can only assume is an interest error. They do not explain why the earlier letter had a different amount

In their letter of 12 May 2010 they state interest as

Clients contractual interest rate at 12% as opposed to statutory interest (which I assume is 8%) as referred to in their letter today and why they say the SAR request is irrelelevant

Crikey, this interest business is complex and beyond me. However... HFO normally says it charges 12% contractually. This means they probably don't have T&Cs or even an agreement (which is why we've gone for the SARs). I'm thinking we must find a way to get this set aside and stuff them that way.

The big problem is dealing with the fact that a judgment and CO is in place; we need to look for errors in their processes. There usually are some.

In whose name was the CO, and do you have a copy of the original judgment/claim details?

We need to clarify:

1) Which company claimed to own the account (ie, was there ever a NoA claiming this?).

2) Which company issued the claim form.

3) Which company has the CO.

If they're not all the same, it's grounds for set aside. Broken Arrow won on this. This is why seeing all the official documents is so important, and hence the SARs etc. Get to work!

Both claims and the charging order came from HFO Ownership I guess can only be confirmed by the SARs assuming they respond?

The order is in my name ( property jointly owned ) though this is recognised in the order

How do I deal with TR in the interim (7 days) send a financial statement (rather than completed their provided form) with an offer of what I can afford to pay

OK, rereading, we know the CO is for HFO Services.

Who issued the original claim form?

Did you ever get a Notice of Assignment from HFO? If so, what did it say?

The likelihood of their forcing a sale is remote, as it is jointly owned - I'm not sure if that should have been a problem in the first place when they applied for the CO. Also, I guess your ex-partner is still living there?

Need some experts on COs and interest to help.

I feel uneasy about their first claiming 12%, then backtracking to 8%. Also, check their interest charges - SI is 8% simple, not compound.

Both claims and the charging order came from HFO Ownership I guess can only be confirmed by the SARs assuming they respond?

The order is in my name ( property jointly owned ) though this is recognised in the order

How do I deal with TR in the interim (7 days) send a financial statement (rather than completed their provided form) with an offer of what I can afford to pay

HFO Ownership? What is that? It should be HFO Services or HFO Capital.

OK, rereading, we know the CO is for HFO Services.

Who issued the original claim form? HFO Services

Did you ever get a Notice of Assignment from HFO? If so, what did it say?

Dont have copy but cant remember either way to be honest

The likelihood of their forcing a sale is remote, as it is jointly owned - I'm not sure if that should have been a problem in the first place when they applied for the CO. Also, I guess your ex-partner is still living there?

Yes

Need some experts on COs and interest to help.

Agreed

I feel uneasy about their first claiming 12%, then backtracking to 8%.

I think theyve realsied mistake when saying they are claiming statutory after I'd applied for the SAR as if contractual they couldn't have said my SAR was of no relevance - but then I'm guessing of course

Also, check their interest charges - SI is 8% simple, not compound.

How do I calculate ?

see above

Judgment balance x .08 gives the annual interest. Divide by 365 for the daily interest. With SI, the principal sum never changes - they can't charge interest on the interest.

I reckon they're asking for at least £400 to much. They can't add any other charges, I don't think, unless you have to pay the costs of the CO hearing.

Yet I note that in Aug 09, they demanded less than the original judgment balance?

What planet are they on?

Have they sent you the obligatory annual statements, by the way?

I'd be tempted, if I were you, to enter an I&E that shows £1.50 a month available. If they don't accept that, they're stuffed. But you are not obliged to send one - only a court can order you too. It would stall them until we get the SAR stuff.

Did you ever call Barclaycard and ask exactly who and when it was sold to? Sorry if you've already posted the answer.

No I havent spoken to them? Should I do this now or wait on the SAR?

Why would they be stuffed if not accepting £1.50 per month, they've repeatedly refused £5.00 i assume this wouldnt enable the interest to be frozen.

In their most recent letter they suggest that my finances will have improved over the last 4-5 years, though they know this isnt the case from offers as recently as last August - arguably they are worse due to inflation and CSA arrears

If it's £1 a month available, that's all they can have. A court would not order more if you don't have it.

Yes, call Barclaycard. Exact company sold to, exact date. Your has to be one of the earliest accounts ever bought buy HFO (or whoever...), so this will be interesting.

cheers - I'll get in touch with them tomorrow and post what I get back

Wondering if my reply to TR should be to query what they are saying the interests rates are rather than a I&E statement

Yes, great idea. Time to feck them over with a request for clarity.

Ask why they previously claimed 12% interest, which they did in writing.

Ask on what basis they made this claim.

Ask them to clarify exactly the rate they are charging and why.

And look for any other indiscrepancies you want clarification on.

Also, have they sent you annual statements? Naughty if they haven't.

Good I'll do that over the weekend within the seven days

I've not had any anual statements either, only a couple of lettes from TR nothing from HFO

Can someone clarify the statutory rate please is it 8% %

cheers

Thanks again

I've had anual statements from other creditors where there has been a judegement.

Just to be clear their court claim was for interest at 8% it was their letters showing current balance from Aug last year and May this that showed it at 12% -

Bingo!

From an article by law company Mckielty Brown & Smith:

Ensuring the consumer is better informed – information sheets

The Bill also aims to improve the information given to consumers at the time of entering credit agreements and throughout the life of the agreement. The OFT will have to publish information sheets for debtors about arrears and default. The information sheets will set out information about the legal consequences for the consumer, debt management options and contact details of advice providers.

Creditors will also be obliged to provide consumers with annual statements in a specified form with specific information about their credit agreements.

The Bill obliges creditors to issue annual statements to consumers. Failure to do so means that the creditor is not entitled to enforce the agreement during the period of non-compliance. Further, the debtor is not obliged to pay interest either during this period.

Creditors will also have to provide regular statements for consumers who go into arrears or are liable to default on payments. The Bill imposes on lenders an obligation to issue an arrears information sheet with a notice of sums in arrears. If the consumer defaults, the creditor must also issue a default information sheet along with a default notice.

This is an article in reference to amendments to the CCA. Wonder if this applies when a judgment is already in place, though? Can anyone help here?

This is interesting I spoke to Barclaycard this morning and they have told me the debt was originally sold to Roxborough (apparently now HFO Svcs) on 27th Jan 2006 - would there have had to be a new assignment to HFO from Roxborough seeing as everything else in HFO name CCJ, Charging Order?