Help With Npower

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

a few months ago we got our 1st bill from npower which was £600, at the time we couldnt afford the full amount and paid £100 towards the bill.. The bill was so high as they sent the 1st one 6 months after joining them. We never heard anything from them untill the next bill arrived and it was now £900 and they wanted payment straight away.. We definately dont have that kind of spare cash sitting around, A week or so later a meterplus man called and left details advising that they would be applying for a warrant to enter to change the meters to pre-pay. I called and emailed npower and they advised they would only accept £170 per month to clear the arrears and for future usage, I escalated this to the manager and he asked me what i was wanting to pay, i advised that if they wanted regular payment each month that i wouldnt fall behind on then i could pay £80. This was refused and i was told the min they would accept is £130 per month. Now this is still alot as we are a family of 4 and my partner is currently looking for work so we only live off my wage, I advised that we would look to increase the payments once my partner was back working but they wouldnt budge on £130.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as i dont want to agree to the £130 per month as i know we cannot make regular payments of this amount.

Cheers

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

Hi Yellow. I hope they'll be symapthetic, but you must realise that if your first bill for £600 for 6 months use was accurate, (& please make sure you're not bening billed to inaccurate estimates), you are using £100 per month, so £80 wouldn't even cover your use & your debt would continue to increase. I don't think any utuility would agree to that.

If you are in difficulty, it might be worth trying to speak to their "SAFE" team in collections, who will try to reach a compromise with you.