CAPITAL 1 Short Application 1998

Dotty50
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TBH I have done nothing since their letter, I have to get cracking on all of my threads but family matters have taken priority.

It appears to have been passed to FPC, which I believe to be Fredericksons and they are calling regularly!

I have seen them off before, so not too concerned at the moment.

Hi Dotty50

I have a copy of the 1998 application form just like yours. I done a CCA request in 2009 and received the same charges that Dolly G got, but the page footer was 20-01-2004.

I then sent a SAR and received the same information, the page footer had no date reference but instead had the footer reference " Capital One Confidential".

I think they cut and paste from thier document templates and hope you don't question anything they send you, after all they are totally professional and there is no need for you to question anything they send to you.

Also my letters from them also state " Please find enckosed your client's ccredit agreement... Just incompetent and should not be in business especially a business which handles finance.

Loring

Ah, yes have seen them mentioned on here, yet they never got involved with my own (this thread is for my OH) but then I am owed more that the balance in charges and PPI!

Thanks dd.

I agree, Loring, they do send whatever they like and most people just accept it, which they will if they have not yet found CAG.

I have had 3 different T & C's for mine, none of which are correct!

TBH I have done nothing since their letter, I have to get cracking on all of my threads but family matters have taken priority.

It appears to have been passed to FPC, which I believe to be Fredericksons and they are calling regularly!

I have seen them off before, so not too concerned at the moment.

Dotty

I have e-mail addresses for real people at Freds.com and also "Uncle" Bryan Carter if you want them. It's funny that e-mails to Uncle Bryan get responses from Fred.:eek::confused: I wonder if Bryan knows his e-mail is being intercepted? ;) Maybe he's threatening court action on the wrong people?

BD

• 3 weeks later...

I was just about to start a thread about Capital One in 1998 and found this.

Can anyone tell me what trading name Capital One was using in 1998/9. They sent me an application form signed in early 1999 which they have sent with prescribed terms and NINE pages of T&C's issued by Capital One Bank (Europe) plc. Checking with Companies House it shows that Capital One Bank (Europe) plc wasn't incorporated until November 1999. I have a feeling that it was Capital One Bank plc but perhaps someone with some paperwork from then could have a look.

Thanks

SS

I was just about to start a thread about Capital One in 1998 and found this.

Can anyone tell me what trading name Capital One was using in 1998/9. They sent me an application form signed in early 1999 which they have sent with prescribed terms and NINE pages of T&C's issued by Capital One Bank (Europe) plc. Checking with Companies House it shows that Capital One Bank (Europe) plc wasn't incorporated until November 1999. I have a feeling that it was Capital One Bank plc but perhaps someone with some paperwork from then could have a look.

Thanks

SS

My OH has had exactly the same from Capquest, and I know that she was never given any T& C's when she applied for a CC.