DLA Problems

bevo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend had is disability reduced to which he appealed. It was reinstated at the same amount but instead of indefinite it was for three years. Today he has received a letter completely reducing it to low care and no mobility. Surely an appeal decision changed at the end of March after appeal can now not be changed again Can anyone please help?

What reason have the provided in the letter for the reduction of the award?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

The decision is made on completely the opposite of what was filled in - it says based on your clam form your gp and advice from a care professional. He was in receipt of mobility middle and care middle - he has mental health issues - everything they say he can do he cannot - aware of common danagers not at risk of aggressive behaviour not at risk of self neglect and not at risk of falling - I am so made he has serious problems.

His GP a few years back filled the form in wrong on this occasion it was appealed end of March and reinstated and now at 16 April they have changed it again. Thanks for helping.

The original claim was a few years back, and his appeal only went ahead in March?

So, is this a renewal?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

It was a renewal claim. It was at the stage when you are put on it indefinitely. They changed the rates to low on each part at end of March. A letter of appeal was sent and it was reinstated at the beginning of April to medium rate care and high rate mobility. Three weeks later they have changed it to low rate mobility and no care. and put it back to indefinite. Surely they cannot change it after 3 weeks.

Thanks for helping.

This seems very strange. An appeal within a month doesn't happen. Are you certain this was an appeal and not a reconsideration? When it went up to MRC and HRM at the beginning of April, was the notification of this award sent by the tribunal service or DWP?

They can if there is information which would supercede the decision. I'd suggest an appeal if your friend believes there is nothing to substantiate their decision. An appeal would need to be sent within one month from the date on the most recent decision letter. That's quite a dramatic change after 3 weeks is crazy.

I've left an appeal form in the attachment.

gl24dwp.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

hi can anyone clarify something for me my daughter recieves dla and is currently in a mental health hospital but comes home weekends friday till sunday sometimes monday we have been told that the claim is suspended because they want clarification that she is not in hospital permanently can anyone tell me if she still qualifies for dla thanks

Hello glenbull and welcome to the forum.

May I suggest you start your own thread before the site team ask you to? That way, we can advise on your individual problem. I'm not being bossy and if you don't know how to start a thread, re-post or PM me and I'll talk you through it.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello glenbull and welcome to the forum.

May I suggest you start your own thread before the site team ask you to? That way, we can advise on your individual problem. I'm not being bossy and if you don't know how to start a thread, re-post or PM me and I'll talk you through it.

HB

please talk me through it

Hello again. I had a bit of a panic when I read that! It's so long since I started a thread.

Use the back arrow to come out of this thread, so you're seeing the titles of all the threads on Benefits. Scroll down to the bottom of all the mesages and there's a button that says New Thread. Press that and you get a box to type in.

I hope you'll be OK now, if not shout.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum