Royal Mail - Recorded delivery - Receiver Disputing it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Could someone please advice me regarding my issue with Royal Mail.

I had bought my son a Chelsea Shirt but we got the wrong size and sent it back on 16th January 2010. After 4 weeks, the supplier claimed that they had not received it.

I, therefore, sent in a claim Form to Royal Mail and they did not bothering replying. I sent a second letter which was also ignored.

I wrote to 'Postal Review Panel' who took up the case and I received a letter from them confirming that the item was delivered and have sent me a photocopy of signature of the recipient. There is no other information on it.

Now everyone is denying liability and I don't know what my options are now.

Could anyone suggest a course of action. My son is really disappointed and I cannot afford to buy him another one.

Thank you in advance

Have you contacted the company you purchase it from and told them that you have proof that they signed for it on delivery?

Thanks firstlifeline.

The Seller is denying receiving it claiming it's not their signature. Someone is lying or it's lost and both denying responsibility.

sakoni,

First your son should support a good team like Fulham,

Secondly, give Consumer Direct a ring Consumer Direct

Thanks Rebel11.

I have told him about supporting the wrong team, but would he listen? (Others might disagree with you and me)!

I will call Consumer Direct a ring and see what they say.

• 4 weeks later...

If you sent something in the mail, why was is signed for? What service did you use? A missing letter form allows you to complete all the details, AND advise RM that the signature showing on Track & Trace is not that of the expected recipient. When they confirm that it isn't, then you are paid compensation up to the value of 100 1st Class Stamps.

Thanks Buzby

I sent it by Recorded Delivery. The recipient is denying that it is their signature and wants more evidence. I have written to 'Postal Review Panel' but there is no response yet.

This has been going on for 4 months now and my only solution is to go through the small claims court but who do I sue, Royal Mail or the the recipient or both.

More advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

It would be Royal Mail, as the recipent isn't liable to you until they recieve the goods, UNLESS RM confirm that it was delivered to the correct address.. Can I ask, why was it referred ot the Review Panel? Had they rejected your claim for compensation? Unrecognised signatures are common for mis-delivered mail.

It would be Royal Mail, as the recipent isn't liable to you until they recieve the goods, UNLESS RM confirm that it was delivered to the correct address.. Can I ask, why was it referred ot the Review Panel? Had they rejected your claim for compensation? Unrecognised signatures are common for mis-delivered mail.

Had written to Royal Mail twice but they did not respond (waited 4 weeks between each letter), therefore, had no alternative but to refer to "Review Panel."

Received a copy of a signature from "Review Panel" but recipient disputes it say that signature is unclear and they need further proof.

I have written to "Review panel" attaching a copy of recipient's letter but no reply as yet.

Thanks for your help.