Abbey - Hardship letter - help needed - Please????

BECKY X
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I would like to ask Abbey to look at my application again but to take into account that whilst all charges were taken i was suffering hardship.

I have had a look at the templates library but the letter there seems to be a little out of date now and i havent the faintest idea how to put it all in writing.

I still have all copies of my statements and know the full ammount i would like to be refunded. Is there another template for hardship claims somewhere on this site?

I orginally filed a case against them and have recently received a letter from them explaining that their charges are not unfair and did not make any offer of payment but since reading through this site, i am now aware that i could have applied for hardship application the whole time!

Many Thanks

ABBEY: Owed £1.140 :mad:

06/07/06 - Requested Statements

07/08/06 - Request For Repayment Letter Sent Totaling £1,140

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

15/09/06 - Received reply offering £570 as a final settlement

25/09/06 - Accepted offer but ONLY as a partial repayment, & notified them that i am still going to persue for the remainder of the money

01/10/06 - Set up court date

Hi Becky - this thread may give you a start although it was started some time ago and is a bit long now:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/36790-bank-taking-your-benefits.html

There are also many other threads on the forums about hardship cases - just do a Search (link in the bar near the top of the forums) for 'hardship' or 'benefits' over the past week for example and you should get loads of threads to read.

The big problem is that now the SC has ruled, any refunds you thought you would get are going to be very difficult to recover.

However, that should not stop you trying.

Have a read on the forums and see if anyone else's experience comes close to yours and come back with any more questions, which you probably will have. :rolleyes: