Direct Debit not taken - is my insurance policy still live?????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wonder if anyone can advise on this, it actually relates to my father.

He took out an insurance policy for illness/sickness/accident 2 years ago, the policy lapsed and he then had a visit from the company to see if he wanted to start it again, he agreed in December 2009, they took a payment, he then completed a DD form which he has a copy of. Payments were then meant to be taken every month however it appears they have not, he is in the process of a claim due to an accident at work and noticed that the payments had not been taken from his account only today, he called the company in question who said as far as they were concerned the policy was still live but would be double checking..

My view is as follows - no cancellation documents or threat to terminate due to non payment were sent by the insurer, the company in question stated the policy was still live, the salesman who visited took the DD documents back to the insurer.

Therefore can I have some advice on if they insurer has the right to decline the claim?

If :-|they do could the FSA or ombudsman get involved?

Thanks in advance guys and gals

Donny Boy

The Insurance company would have to confirm in writing that the policy cover would be cancelled in the event of non payment within 7 days.

If they have never done this, the policy is still live and the claim can go forward. The company will just arrange to bring the payments up to date.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread