ruthbridge limited - threatening me with bankruptcy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody I hope you can help me !

This all started over 1 year ago and has finally (or so it appears) come to a head but I really need some help and advice.

Dlc wrote to me over 1 year ago claiming a debt from Egg card of £2,000 from 2004 was mine - I disputed the debt at the time and heard nothing back.

I then received another letter from lowell finance stating the same, threatening to take me to court, again I disputed and asked to see the credit agreement, after a few letters, they too stopped communication.

I then received another letter back in September 09, 1 year after it all began - from Ruthbridge Limited - stating that they were dealing with the debt and full payment was requested. I e mailed Ruthbridge disputing the debt and informing them of previous communications and asking to see a copy of the full credit agreement. I have now received a "without Prejudice" letter" together with the credit agreement - stating that I have to pay the debt in full by the 15th April or they will persue bankruptcy.

I am a little worried although I am fully aware of their bullying tactics. Can anybody please advise me ??

thank you !

Edited by yorkshire1
missed info

ignore the fools - if you do not recognise the debt either file under rubbish or send the please provide proof

when if by any chance it is yours would you have last made a payment, because from 2004 to now is 6 years so it is probably stat barred anyway

You need to post up the alledged credit agreement they sent you minus any personal information, use a site such as image shack. Then people can have a proper look if the accounts from 2004 there is a fair chance that the agreement (if it is an agreement and not just an application form) is flawed anyway. I am sure someone more knowledgable than I can then help you.

"I am no Solicitor but deal with REAL hard case lawyers everyday, this gives me the strength to deal with the lightweight idiots that are thrown at me everyday by DCAS :D"

When was the last payment made on this account. That info will be useful too as it may well prove that what they have sent you is unenforceable.

Had the same from them recently for a larger debt and told them to go ahead, it is SB now, they did nothing that they threatened.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have today received a letter from Ruthbridge adressed to 'The Occupier' with our address slightly wrong (postcode and spelling).

This simply requests that we ring immediately and gives a reference number.

Having read some of the forums i believe this probably refers to a debt my partner holds for a car from approximately 5 years ago. He has been paying this off but admittedly in a sporadic fashion.

I have no intention of ringing Ruthbridge (after all i've read!) but we are trying very hard to straighten out our finances and I'm very worried about this and how much extra charge they are likely to add. It's making me so upset.

Could anyone help with the best way forward at this point?

Thanks