PCN for Parking voucher showing wrong date but right day

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

WOOHOO!!

Well after a 6 week long wait I finally received a reply from the city council today informing me that they had cancelled the PCN. Letter reads as follows:

Dear Sir,

Further to your recent representation to the City Council:

The PCN was issued because your vehicle was parked in a residents' or shared use parking place or zone without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place in Canning Street L8 on the 03/04/2010. It was first observed at 10:33 and the notice was issued at 10:38.

After careful consideration of the content of your representation the City Council has on this occasion, decided to exercise it's discretion and cancelled the PCN. However, the above decision does not set a precedent for any further Penalty Charge Notices you may receive.

The reason the PCN was issued to your vehicle is due to the fact that the incorrect date was on your permit; the date on the permit was the 4th of April, 2010, this can be seen in the enclosed photographs.

It is the responsibility of the driver to ensure that the correct date is on the permit and that a valid permit is clearly on display in the vehicle. Please keep this in mind for future reference.

Yours sincerely,

Susan Taylor

Parking Services.

Enclosed with the letter was a sheet of paper which had 2 digital photographs on it (which I take to be the requested photographic evidence I asked for), the first showing the vehicle with the PCN on the windscreen and the voucher beneath it and the second a shot of the voucher on the dashboard which clearly shows all the voucher details (including the wrong date).

Obviously when I appealed they looked at the CEO's photos and then realised that the PCN was incorrectly issued as a 12s when it should have been a 19s (note they never admitted this). They then cancelled the ticket.

I would like to say thank you very much to G&M for his help and advice in this matter, without his initial post I wouldnt have looked further and my GF would have handed over £25 for nothing.

Thanks as well to other contributors. :D:D:D:D