• Tweets

• Thanks in advance for advice! I was shocked to find out when doing a credit score search this weekend that I have a CCJ in my name. I've spoken to the courts today and have been told Vehicle control services have taken me to court for parking without a permit in my own allocated parking bay that came with my flat rental. The CCJ appears to be to the right apartment block but the wrong address.  It dates back to 2017. The judgement was passed in April 2021 without my knowledge of the ticket or the case ( presumably fine information was sent to the wrong address) I had already been taken to court by VCS previously for parking in my own bay and I won. It seems to me that this is underhanded behaviour from VCS as they had my address from previous interactions and had tried taken me to court for something that a judge had previously ruled on. I'm seeking advice on next steps. I was told by court that i can raise a dispute on the CCJ but I also want to appeal the case altogether. Should I be filing an  N244 Application Notice with an N161? I was told I should pay the court £303. Now that I've got home and had a look, there is a long list of court fees so I'm not sure which is applicable. I was also told the £303 is not refundable. Should I be filing a counterclaim or is that something that can be done at a later date. Ultimately I feel disgusted at having a ccj and then having to pay for the privilege of getting it removed. Any advice on how to make VCS pay for this would be appreciated!
    • Speaking of Truss, another French politician has used her as an example of economic illiteracy. Edouard Phillippe, the ex-PM was on BFM TV this morning.
    • an aperitif before the trumpy main event   Alex Jones must sell assets to pay $1.5bn to Sandy Hook victims as Infowars spared WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Alex Jones, a right-wing conspiracy theorist, falsely claimed the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax  
    • As gesture of goodwill, we were eventually given a courtesy car from Mercedes (after numerous complaints from us on their lack of communication / misdiagnosis / time they’ve had the car - we’re now at over 4 weeks without our car) They have literally just informed us it will be ready to collect tomorrow. If we pay the cost, where will we stand? It’s so hard to understand what we should do 😫 we will re open our complaint with the finance company then. We emailed Doves yesterday informing them of all the problems (we have touched base with them and let them know prior to this) but they are yet to respond.    Any further advice would be greatly appreciated! 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Moorcroft and Argos card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was paing a reduced amount to Argos themselves for quite sometime.

It seems they have passed it onto moorcroft fo collection.

I received a bright yellow envelope with a letter that was set out strange and written in kind of itallics.

Basically listing all of possible action and the costs that will be added etc etc.

They added 12 quid for the priviledge of writing to me.

Should i just CCA them and see what they cn produce?

What a Moorcroft like to deal with?

While CCA is being obtained can they still add charges etc?

Thanks in advance.

Olliepup.

Cheers,

I'll ask for a copy of statements and get them to clarify what charges were added and point out they can't add them?

Think it stated they advised there client to add the charges.

The letter is from the infamous Pre court action department!

The debt is for 900 quid and will be interesting to see what paper work they produce when i CCA them.

Must say the letter that came looked rubbish!!

If the Argos card was taken out pre 2007 then all they will produce is a poor quality scan or no agreement at all. Argos are well known on here for shredding all the originals. I've not seen one yet that is enforceable either. When they do produce something it's usually the application form and is missing the pescribed terms.

As for Moorcroft they're all template letters and meaningless threats of court. I have never seen a thread on here where Moorcroft have actually taken anyone to court.

So far, for me Argos farmed it out to 8 different DCA's over 3 years.Then they sold it to DLC / Hillesdens.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

• 2 weeks later...

CCA'd them and received a letter back today saying they haven't had a response from but they will accept 60 quid a month!

Think i'll check my receipt for the signed for delivery of this letter and maybe write to them saying you received the cca request on x date and once the 12+2 passes they are in default and can't pursue this debt??

Haven't received it my ass, obviously ignoring it!

Right got a letter back in reply!

Sent them a letter saying the reason i haven't contacted you as you have received a cca request etc etc and would apreciate them producing a signed valid agreement.

They said hey have requested the relevant documentation from their client and said collection activity on this debt will be on hold until documentation has been supplied or they have advised me to the contrary (what? NO CCA NO coleection surely?)

Get this bit ......In the meantime, however, we believe that it may be of assistance to all parties if we also take this opportunity to to ensure that any potential areas of dispute are addressed prior to any possible court action or further investigation. To this end can you provide an indication of the information you will be relying upon, when giving evidence to the courtor information to the relevant statutory authorities in relation to the alledged subject matter of this acount.

Please could you provide this information by return etc etc.

WTF? Me supply a DCA any info i have or may use???

Are they mad? Give evidence in court, do they think i'll be going to the old bailey to give evidence over a 800 quid argos debt.

Surely i'll just be ignoring them from now on until THEY provide a valid true copy of a signed agreement?

NO agreement no collection that's all i'll need to defend if they try it in court?

If they do provide then i'll try and negotiate but until then.....

Any views on them requesting information etc?

Olliepup.

Hahah they asked me for that too.. as if you are going to give away all your ammo.. shortly after that, i received a letter informing me that they could not produce a CCA and that they had closed my account.

I was dealing with them via Barclaycard..

Good luck :)

Cheers for the replies!

Have to see what they come back with, mine was taken out in 2003-2004 not exactly sure.

I'll not bother replying to what they have requested but if they do come back i'm sure it will be prompt, Natwest produced correct paperwork quickly as they had it and so did egg for a credit card and solicitors letters closely followed but i came to an agreement with them.

So i suppose i'll have to do the same with moorcroft if they do produce.....we will see!

Hi Olliepup,

good old bogcroft are a running joke on CAG, they churn out automated letters with no logic. For example I received one stating that I had broken an agreement with them and I was £20 in arrears which was odd as I had never contacted them. You will probably get other letters from their Pre-litigation division, Pre-Homevisit Division and then maybe their Preschool Training pant division. As you have been advised simply ignore. If it's any consolation they have probably sent me 20+ letters over the last 18months. I probably have the set now.

The seem to chase unenforceable debts, I had them chasing me 4 years ago for £40 that was allegedly owed 3 years earlier. So you can see the measure of the company.

Pumpytums

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks!

Got a letter through the post second class i might add saying they have provided the agreement and will start trying to collect once again.

What they have sent is a application with a signature on dated etc with my address on and a photocopy of a argos card.

On the top it says Credit under consumer act 1974 but there are no prescribed terms or interest rates etc.

A little square said by siging this agreement you have so many days to cancel etc.

But on top of the page it does say in big writing Card application for Argos card.

Doesen't sound enforcable??

Should i just write back and say what you have supplied is a signed application form not a true credit agreement ?

Thanks in advance.

Olliepup.

Had another look at what they sent, it is just a application form, they photocopy cards that are on it are the diff choices you can have...you know fancy designs etc!

It says at the top credit regulated by CCA 1974 but there are no terms or anything.

I'll send that on then, will they not write to ask why it's in dispute??

Thanks everyone.

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks!

Got a letter through from these muppets again, saying the are dissapointed that i have not been in contact after their phonecalls letters and calls to my house!

The letter was from their home collection service, there is no way they have been here, never been when we have been in and im in a cul de sac with people that are full on neighbourhood watch!

Anyway i sent the account in dispute letter and asked them not to contact me by phone, should i send them the letter again and remind them that it is illegal to try and collect money when no enforcable agreement is in place and is it worth mentioning about the law of Tort (sp?) about the only person that may call at my house without an appointment is the postman etc? And i don't want an appointment with them so bog off.

And for a Brucie Bonus they offered me 20% dicount if i paid in 14 days or they may take legal action!!

Are they that thick?

Any tips welcome.

Thanks Olliepup

I've got a dispute with them too. Read up my thread (Click on my name and it should show up somewhere if it doesn't remind me and I'll link you to it) I've followed everything i've been told so far and they seem to be getting the message. Moorcroft might have some teeth but little bite IMO

If they had any grounds or means by which they would take legal action (note they did the usual threat of may) then they'd hardly be offering a 20% "discount" on what they claim you owe - they'd take court action for the full amount if they thought they had any chance at all.

File under "Kermit & Co."

I had one of those once they were very disappointed I hadn't kept to our arrangement. News to me.

The tea and biccies are still waiting for their home visit though.

With regards to Bogcroft letters I file under amusing.

Pumpytums

• 3 weeks later...