Carphone Warehouse and T-Mobile Systems Down So I Suffer..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I dont know if everyone is aware but Carphone warehouse has had its systems down for past few days as regards to T-Mobile. Everytime they do a contract the credit checks can give false passes and fails. Problem started with just in store they did like four credit checks (kept running them through different operators or something just to confirm details like chip and pin:S) Then finally I got hold of my brand new phone and a 24 month contract..

Waited 24 hours for sim to activate and it dosnt so I ring T-Mobile on 150 off the mobile (can still make calls) And after explaing situation the women said she has to go through the sign up again and also ran a credit check on me again! After that she said max within a hour probably in half a hour my phone would be up and running. Waited two hours and still did not work. Called again this time told just to wait untill evening and it would be fully working. Waited untill this morning then called again and they explained how it could take up to five days from when the phone was purchased.

Also told me how they have to do all credit checks AGAIN!!!! Which is obviously effecting my credit score which isnt too good as it is. And if it fails I would have to take phone back into the store and return it!

What rights have I got in regards to this? Since I did the contract already if I fail credit check now will they have any right to cancel my contract even though I would not be allowed to cancel it myself normally?

I was told on various occasions I have passed the credit check. This is a joke if I have to take phone back especially as it was not my fault that their systems are down...

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Sottyc,

There should only be one credit check done on you, the systems(and operators) should recognise that there is one that has been done.

As when a check is run it gives an Agreement Number (this should be a 9 digit number on your contract) and then they will connect everything for you, if there is no agreement number then there has been no check done.

The system makes an agreement number whether it be a pass or fail, and if someone tries to run multiple checks in a short period of time, it is flagged by T-Mobile Credit referals.

So what to do is call up customer services again and give them that agreement number or pop into a T-Mobile store.

Yeah I have various numbers on my contract dont know whats what. Problem is they say carphone warehouse systems just passed everyone. Hence why they have to run it again.

But why should they be allowed to cancel contract if my credit check dosnt pass this time and take phone back when I would never be allowed to cancel contract

Because your contract is subject to acceptance. There is no contract until you are set up on their system. So they aren't cancelling it.

Getting a contract is subject to acceptance by the network, which include a credit check.

But thats just the thing...In store they do a credit check..They check that the network approves..

Friend of mine was rejected from all networks when trying to get a contract out.

Which is why im so confused.

When you pop into a CPW store, they run a credit check (through T-Mobile's or the chosen network's system) and then that transmits a response to their system in order to process the sale.

So there is only one credit check done. If it hasn't been connected and CPWs systems where down a credit check most likely HASN'T been performed. Because only one check is done.

Your Agreement number is the one that is 9 digits long, it may say reference, contract number or something along those lines. e.g. 514321059.

Supply that to T-Mobile's 'Ready Team' and they will tell you if a credit check has been performed and whether or not its a yay or nay. If its a yes then they can connect everything for you.

Just called them and they said get a PIE number or something from car phone warehouse. Luckily just before i hanged up I noticed I have a credit check number on the contract said Credit Check:xxx (the numbers in place of x's) Gave him that and said ring back around ten to six lol

The CW check is only an authentication, not a credit check. This weeds out the stolen cards and box breakers. but has nothing to do with the network accepting the customer.

However, the situation is fatally flawed. You've bought the phone and whilst your connection is subject to acceptance, should they decide not to accept you, you already have the goods. Get it unlocked or put in a pre-pay SIM and carry on as before.

Your contract is only for the SIM card (as we often point out), if the phone goes faulty, the netowrk is not liable for it - so, if you are supplied the handset and LATER fail a check, they have decided not you have you as a customer, fair enough - but as you have already recieved the inducement - that's tough luck on them if they don't get the phone back, and I certainly would not be minded to return it.

Edited by buzby