lambs conduit st london - no vehicles except...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just recieved a NtO for driving through Lambs Conduit St London. I have attached a google map photo of the sign (which is on both sides of the road).

My reading of the sign is that vehicles with a blue badge can drive along the road. So it is a straightforward challenge if I am correct. Am I?

I will post up NtO and delve into the traffic signs regs if necessary.

Incidentally if I am right, I thought NtOs couldn't be served by post if there was a blue badge exception e.g. parking on DYLs.

Doc1.doc

If you are the owner of a blue badge or were driving someone who is, then that is your defence as the sign does indeed say that blue badge holders are exempt.

The issuing authority cannot tell from the vehicle registration that you have a BB and thus issuing the notice. Your defence simply needs a photocopy of the blue badge or the issuing council and number will also do.

Thta is what I thought and so i can claim the exemption.

Additionally I note that on the NtO is states that the charge is payable "before the end of the period of 28 days beginning with he date of this notice"

Surely that should be the date when this notice was served?

It doesnt say disabled parking. The street is very narrow, 1 way and all double yellow lines. Although lorry loading is allowed. So even if a blue badge car stopped, at some point it would have to carry on though. So even on gG & M interpretation as it is one way, I could hav ebeen looking to stop, decided against it and carried on.

The sign may be intended to show that disabled access is permitted to Lambs Conduit and not that disabled persons can use it as a short cut, it is however if that is the case confusing.

It doesn't say that though G&M. I know what you mean, but the sign simply offers exemption to blue badge holders - quite possibly for parking or access, but it doesn't say that part.

Interesting question that. There is no requirement to do so, but it would be interesting to know if they did or not.

I think you are wrong the sign says Blue Badge holders so the badge needs to be displayed correctly the same as it does if you park, just owning a badge is not sufficient.

13. - (1) This regulation prescribes for the purposes of section 21(4A) of the 1970 Act the circumstances in which an individual's badge may be displayed while a vehicle is being driven.

(2) An individual's badge may be displayed on a vehicle while the holder is either driving or being carried in it.

(3) An individual's badge may also be displayed on a vehicle if-

• (a) the vehicle is being used for the collection of the holder and no other purpose;

(b) a disabled person's concession (other than a concession relating to parking) would be available to a vehicle lawfully displaying a disabled person's badge; and

© it would not be practicable for the vehicle to be lawfully driven to, or to stop at, the place at which the holder is to be collected if the concession did not apply to the vehicle.

(4) An individual's badge may be displayed on a vehicle if-

• (a) the vehicle, after being driven by or carrying the holder, is leaving the place where he got out;

(b) a disabled person's concession (other than a concession relating to parking) is available to a vehicle lawfully displaying a disabled person's badge; and

© it would not have been practicable for the vehicle to have left that place if the concession did not apply to the vehicle.

but how do you suddenly display it when you come across the sign while driving ? is there a magic incantation that teleports the badge from the glove box to the windscreen.

You probably use those things on the end of your arms to place it in the required position.

however a blue badge should ONLY BE USED whilst the vechile is parked

there is no provision for it to be used when a vechile is in motion the wording its self is a contradiction

no where does the act say it should be displayed traveling into / out of a restricted zone

this is where the confusion starts, holders users only display the badge as required when PARKED

as said the regulations are confusing

just where do you use it when driving except when stupid Councils invent their own rules

this is where the confusion starts, holders / users only display the badge as required when PARKED

as said the regulations are confusing

just where do you use it when driving except when stupid Councils invent their own rules

this is where the confusion starts, holders / users only display the badge as required when PARKED

I don't see how its confusing the regs say if you wish to pick up or drop off a disabled person in a restricted street you need to display the badge whilst driving.

ok

BUT under the road traffic act the ONLY thing you can legally display in a windscreen whilst the vechile is in motion is the road fund licence , anything else can restrict your view, and it includes the hanging dice and the smellies dangling from the interior mirror

the RTA clearly states "unrestricted view"

when garges started issuing a disk for the MOT that you put in the windscreen people were made to remove them by the police

and infact sticker of any kind displayed in any window is still not allowed

much of this goes back to the 50'60's when cars were covered with the holliday stickers "ive been to etc etc"

ok

BUT under the road traffic act the ONLY thing you can legally display in a windscreen whilst the vechile is in motion is the road fund licence , anything else can restrict your view, and it includes the hanging dice and the smellies dangling from the interior mirror

when garges started issuing a disk for the MOT that you put in the windscreen people were made to remove them by the police

much of this goes back to the 50'60's when cars were covered with the holliday stickers "ive been to etc etc"

What section is this under? :eek:

You probably use those things on the end of your arms to place it in the required position.

Come on G&M that is uncalled for, unhelpful and ridiculous in my view. when you are driving you use those things on the ends of your arm to control the vehicle. and you keep your eyes on the road. opening the glove box, fishing around and trying to display the badge while driving will be careless driving at a minimum or worse.

Come on G&M that is uncalled for, unhelpful and ridiculous in my view. when you are driving you use those things on the ends of your arm to control the vehicle. and you keep your eyes on the road. opening the glove box, fishing around and trying to display the badge while driving will be careless driving at a minimum or worse.

And perhpas a disabled person may only have one arm. Which part of their body should they steer with whilst rummaging in the glovebox for a blue badge that isn't required.

ok

The blue badge is not meant to be displayed on the screen its meant to be on the dash or fascia.

The blue badge is not meant to be displayed on the screen its meant to be on the dash or fascia.

..and can't reasonably be expected to remain there whilst driving round corners!

And perhpas a disabled person may only have one arm. Which part of their body should they steer with whilst rummaging in the glovebox for a blue badge that isn't required.

They could either leave it on display whilst driving or if they require access to a street that is disabled only pull over and display the badge before proceding.

it does not state it must be on the windscreen facia ( that is a suggestion only ) , the legal requirement is that it must be seen, and if you want to go right into it it can infact be in any window, a left over from the orange badge days

read the actual wording quote "if your vechile does NOT HAVE A FASCIA"

been there done it on appeal in london on the point of law

because it was on a ford galaxy and the windscreen heater vent slots would allow the badge to fall down into it, ( and it had already happend to me , what a nightmare stripping the heater down to get it back ) mine was in the lefthand quarter light and it was the adjudicator that corrected the council idiot that he was wrong demanding it must be shown from the windscreen area only !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by kiptower