TV license enforcement visit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow! A lot of information here. And it seems, at times, it goes round and round in circles :!:

Anyway, I have had a visit from an enforcement officer. I will hold my hands up. I don't have a tv licence. I did a few months back, but fell behind with the payments. When I tried to get on my feet again, they wanted nearly £100 a months....for the arrears and advance. I tried to pay, and I failed.

I have recently joined a debt management thing, an dthe subject of the TV licence came up. So when the officer came, I explained I was in the process of arranging it. But I still had to sign a declaration, and he set me up with payment there and then.

Will I have to go to court though? I am worried, I don't want to go to court. I am begrudgingly willing to pay. But they don't make it easy for you!:mad2:

You should never sign anything !..you are under no obligation too and these people are sneaky, next thing you know is that you signed a declaration saying you watch live tv and you have no licence !

Andy

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I did sign. I was taken by surprise. Not only had I recently written to the TV Licence people under the advice of my debt advisor, I was making a cup of tea and sorting the washing and getting my son's pudding! So, being caught off guard, I signed. :|

So what now?

But I did sign. I was taken by surprise. Not only had I recently written to the TV Licence people under the advice of my debt advisor, I was making a cup of tea and sorting the washing and getting my son's pudding! So, being caught off guard, I signed. :|

So what now?

Was it not explained exactly what you were signing ?...The trouble is you dont know what you signed (rather silly, it may say "I give all my money to the bloke with the clipboard" signed XX).

All I know is that signing the forms is usually an admission that you have a TV but no licence, there may be other reasons for signing but Im unaware of them.,

Little you can do now but sit back and wait, I suppose rushing out and buying a licence wouldnt hurt.

Andy