style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I have been with Fresh Start for about 16 months and pay my weekly sum to them religiously.

Two weeks ago I phoned them and asked for an update on my account. The guy on the phone was pretty hazy and mentioned two completely different debt totals, one of which was about 3 thousand more than I had originally owed, and I am now wondering how could this be as they promised they would stop the companies charging interest? I also asked for a letter or email (I wasn't fussed what they chose to send) detailing my exact debt total as it stands at this moment, but nothing has been sent to me.

What should i do? Should I sit tight and call again asking for an account overview, or should I start to shop around for another payment plan company? Also I've noticed they have changed hands twice and are now calling themselves something else, can't remember off hand what their new name is.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Old_andrew2018

I would write to them requesting an account update, sending this letter recorded or signed for.

Another problem I have is that I have moved house since I took the plan out. I have called them to give them my new address on several occassions over the last 12 months, but they have yet to post me a statement or a letter of confirmation or anything.

Ok, Andrew I will send them a letter tomorrow. Perhaps I should email the same thing as well?

Cheers, Lib

• 2 years later...

I have been contacted about my debts and accepted (stupidly) before researching on the internet. Sent an email to the above company and was swiftly contacted by my "advisor" stating the phone call was recoded for monitoring.purposes and my first payment wud b taken out a month later. Will keep u posted whether that happens or not n c if debt collection letters cease or continue