Pcn > Equita > How Do They Justify This! :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an unpaid PCN which was referred to Equita 3/4 weeks ago, I received a letter from them advising how they are managing this debt and advised me to phone them to pay £130 approx (PCN was £110 after the borough bumped up the fees for non payment)

I thought I will pay them as soon as I get paid end of month but yesterday I had a hand delivered letter asking me to call them etc etc

Having just spoken to the bailiff, he is demanding £391 to my disbelief, when asked for a breakdown, he said "he cant give me that" and sounded very threatening..

No previous visits by them, no entry to property and no levy on any car as I dont drive.

I dont know what to do, please help

Thanks

Hi there,

I have an identical situation with Equita. As you don't have a car that they can seize, as long as you don't let them in, there is absolutely nothing that they can do.

They will say all sorts to trick you into believing that they can gain entry and remove your goods whether you are there or not but it is all hot air.

You do not even have to speak to them when they visit but I have been advised that if you do speak to them, do it through the letterbox or an upstairs window so you do not have to open the door for them.

They can gain entry through an unlocked door or window so as long as you keep these locked you'll be fine. I am new to this forum but this is the advice that I have been given and I'm sure someone with far more trusted knowledge will be along shortly. I just wanted to let you know that you are by no means on your own.

I have written and requested a breakdown of their ridiculous fees.

Anyway, until somebody with more info comes along, have a read through some other posts, good luck and relax, they can't do anything.

I have an unpaid PCN which was referred to Equita 3/4 weeks ago, I received a letter from them advising how they are managing this debt and advised me to phone them to pay £130 approx (PCN was £110 after the borough bumped up the fees for non payment)

I thought I will pay them as soon as I get paid end of month but yesterday I had a hand delivered letter asking me to call them etc etc

Having just spoken to the bailiff, he is demanding £391 to my disbelief, when asked for a breakdown, he said "he cant give me that" and sounded very threatening..

No previous visits by them, no entry to property and no levy on any car as I dont drive.

I dont know what to do, please help

Thanks

I dont want to sound stupid here but, if you dont have a car and you dont drive how did you end up with a PCN??

i used to drive

i asked him for breakdwn on phone but told me he cant give me that

iv emailed them for beakdwn

how do they get away with this.. beyond belief !!

i used to drive

i asked him for breakdwn on phone but told me he cant give me that

iv emailed them for beakdwn

how do they get away with this.. beyond belief !!

If your clever enough they wont.

Have a read here,

Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents

can I ask if you are on any benefits