• Tweets

• I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
    • Developing computer games can be wildly expensive so some hope that AI can cut the cost.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Howard Cohen Complaint to SRA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well quite simply you need to contact the Attorney General's Office... I have done so in a case of mine and I have had no response whatsoever... waste of time in all honesty.

Get as many people with similar dodgy cases and compile a comprehensive complaint outlining each complaint, their similarities, their faults etc.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well quite simply you need to contact the Attorney General's Office... I have done so in a case of mine and I have had no response whatsoever... waste of time in all honesty.

Get as many people with similar dodgy cases and compile a comprehensive complaint outlining each complaint, their similarities, their faults etc.

Thanks VJ,

I am prepared to do whatever I can to take this to it's limit. I complained to SRA regarding HC once before and they fobbed me off, so I complained to LSO and they are investigating SRA, telling them to reinvestigate HC as well. I will not accept fobbing off, I appreciate CCM's thoughts on the "Who Polices the Police" attitude, but there are stages to go through, and I will go through them no matter how labourious and tedious this may become. HC and their like have been allowed to get away with it for too long.

A limited civil restraint order may be made by a judge of any court where a party has made 2 or more applications which are totally without merit.

The only thing you have to ask yourself is whether their application is "without merit".

A wily Judge will simply state that you borrowed the money and the creditor or DCA) is attempting to recover monies owed. That would be "meritous". The fact we are using technicalities to stick one on the noses of these barstewards is besides the point. Just because a case is lost does not mean the original application was without merit.

If you can find a way around that argument then you might have some success.

Im more than happy to go whichever route needed,

if anyone wants to contact me directly via pm ,please feel free

Cohens get away with this bully boy behaviour cause the courts allow it and until they have their hands seriously slapped they will continue to abuse court process,

How many of us here have had court proceedings started against us as by Cohens as soon as their clients are assigned the alledged debt, no letter before action etc as required under CPR, surely thats a clear abuse,and then when you make a cpr request the say they are getting the documents from the original creditor, so why the hell were they starting court action without all the documents in front of them already to assess the case?

they are just churning out court cases blindly,

We might not get anywhere but its got to be worth a try,nothing ventured nothing gained as they say,

I know most people think their mp"s are pretty useless,but if enough of us take our cases to them too, surely this could add a bit of clout to the attorney general to act,

Edited by dizzyblonde1966

The only thing you have to ask yourself is whether their application is "without merit".

A wily Judge will simply state that you borrowed the money and the creditor or DCA) is attempting to recover monies owed. That would be "meritous". The fact we are using technicalities to stick one on the noses of these barstewards is besides the point. Just because a case is lost does not mean the original application was without merit.

If you can find a way around that argument then you might have some success.

if something is "without merit" it is without backing or substantiated support, or without proof. If someone files a lawsuit against another person, and there is no evidence to substantiate the claim, then usually the action is dismissed "without merit".

I would suggest that not having the relevant documentation prior to making a claim is "without merit", one would surely need to prove that the case has sufficient grounds to give it a run, regardless of whether the documents existed or not. However opinions are more than welcome.

If a company has started proceedings without first ensuring that they at least have the neccessary paperwork then this is at least an abuse of process. If we can prove that this company issues proceedings without ensuring that they have followed process twice then they are starting those proceedings with little or no chance of success and it follows that they are in breach of section 2.1 of Civil Restraint Order and if that continues then they would be in breach of Section 3.1.

Maybe a simplistic way of looking at things but court proceedings should only be issued when every other means have been tried, and not only this there should be documentary proof that all other ways have been tried.

Edited by batman1956
typo

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

Now THAT sounds like the way forward!

"We, the undersigned...."

?

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Guest HeftyHippo

As a slightly different tactic, I think if they frequently start proceedings, and then discontinue when a defence is submitted, and in many cases the case is dropped altogether, that is grounds of abuse is it not, because they didn't intend to pursue action through the court. Obviously you would need to show that happening frequently, but it avoids the argument of whether the case had merit or not, and you don't have to show if they had all the docs when they started proceedings.

I think the court route is the way because once you start that, even if the court doesn't pursue it for whatever reason, once they start looking at it, the SRA may feel obliged to also investigate, with or without a complaint to them simply to show they're doing their job. after all, if the courts issue a restriction, and the SRA doesn't do anything voluntarily, it leads them open to the allegation that they don't protect the public unless they have to.

A complaint to the SRA will prob not get far, as excuses will be made such as clerical error and they expected to have the docs in their possession but the client didn't forward them etc

All that needs to be done is decide on the best way forward, and then coordinate complaints

But surely the Solicitor should ensure that the 'evidence' is there before making a claim. I think we need some serious advice here. Having said that there is no reason to stop HC being reported to the AG, SRA, etc.

Just had an update about my complaint in january to the OFT re cohens and their antics

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/239785-howard-cohen-backtrack-admit-3.html#post2832575

[url=http://http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/239785-howard-cohen-backtrack-admit-3.html#post2832575][/url]

From the conversation ive just had Its looking very promising, ;)

DB

But surely the Solicitor should ensure that the 'evidence' is there before making a claim. I think we need some serious advice here. Having said that there is no reason to stop HC being reported to the AG, SRA, etc.

Preaching to the converted springs to mind...

Guest HeftyHippo
Let's play devil's advocate - would Howard Cohen merely state it was acting on the instructions of its client, CL Finance? Remember, Howard Cohen is not the claimant.

a solicitor is an officer of the court and should respect the rules thereof regardless of what the client wants

a solicitor cannot do anything illegal and use his clients instructions as an excuse. he knows its wrong.

same with abuse of process. if he does not at the least inform his client that he is at risk of abusing the process, then he would have to explain why he didn't think it was abuse. so, he either has to admit he did abuse the process, or come up with justification for it. saying he didnt know, or that he did know but the client insisted won't work

Oh,they say it comes in 3"s dont they :D first the OFT and now the SRA on the same day

just opened mail, got a letter from the SRA in it , they too have launched an investigation too into my compaint and have appointed a firm of solicitors to investigate(i know solicitors investigating solicitors ) but fingers crossed,

Do the OFT and the SFA work hand in hand on any complaints, just seems a very bizzare coincidence that i get confirmation from both of them launching investigations on the same day for the complaint i submitted to both independantly over 7 weeks ago ?

DB

Oh,they say it comes in 3"s dont they :D first the OFT and now the SRA on the same day

just opened mail, got a letter from the SRA in it , they too have launched an investigation too into my compaint and have appointed a firm of solicitors to investigate(i know solicitors investigating solicitors ) but fingers crossed,

Do the OFT and the SFA work hand in hand on any complaints, just seems a very bizzare coincidence that i get confirmation from both of them launching investigations on the same day for the complaint i submitted to both independantly over 7 weeks ago ?

DB

Wouldn't be Gordons by any chance would it?

It is, Gordons lpp of bradford,

The letter says if i am unhappy or have any objections on the matter being passed to Gordons i have 5 days to let the sfa know,

Gordons is the firm they always use, and they are the one's used when I complained to LSO about SRA's handling of my complaint re HC, ask them to change them and see what happens.

Guest HeftyHippo

5 days isn't much is it? even a DCA usually gives you 7 to come up with the whole balance! lol

bit of a cheek really. how long did it take the SRA to get to this stage? months?

well if it were me- i would write a letter of objection and point out that it was within my knowledge that this company has on at least one previous occassion investigated complaints against cohens and found in their favour and in order that justice is seen to be done i would think that another solicitor who has NOT previously investigated Cohens should be instructed