style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ok then here goes.

about 2 years ago i was stoped in a car that is owned by a relatyives garage, the car is registered at that business address under trade, it was in for work to be done to it, after the work had been done it was road tested,by me straight into a huge police road check, pulled over, no road tax, £60 fixed penalty notice given, off i go.

send of the part 3 form at bottom of yellow FP ticket to ask for court hearing to argue that it was under trade and was road tested with a currant MOT.(i would prob still get done but hey ho)

i heard nothing, after a year almost to the day i got a letter from the court i think, saying that there is now a county court bailif going to chase for the money, i rang the court, didnt want to help, so rang the ticket office and spoke to a woman and asked why i hadnt had a court date in a year, she said cause we havent had the part 3 form, i said well i sent it,she asked do you have proof, i said no and were on the form does it say i need to keep proof, send it recorded delivery or chase the courts if i dont hear from them, she said it doesnt, so i asked if they would sort it, she said she would look into it and i should write a letter to say i sent the form off, i said i wont send a letter as it doesnt say anywhere i have to or i have to chase the courts(unlike DVLA), so please get back to me with an answer....... almost a year later(3 days ago) a bailif is outside my friends house where the car is kept saying he is here to seize it, so my friend calls me and i call the bailiff on his mobile and tell him i would be there asap, he said how long or ill charge to wait.

so i get there and start to ask him why he is taking it and that its not my car, he said he didnt care and he will clamp it anyway, so i warned him not to or the owner will not be happy, he didnt clamp it, i then asked to see the warrant and paperwork 8 times he refused and said NO, your being awkward so im not showing it to you????

he then just kept hanging around and being a pain, not answering questions, or giving us 30mins-1hour to go and get the V5 to proov its not mine, he said no ill clamp it. so i rang the police, they PCN checked the car and said yes it registered as trade so he cant touch it and left, so did the bailiff.

the car has now been removed elsewhere.

ive called the ticket office and the court and all say its too late i must pay the bailiffs £300 odd including the £90 for the ticket..... its not going to happen even if i have to go inside, i will ou5t of principal.

i sent my part 3 off in good faith, its not my fault the court never got it, and there is no law that says i have to.

so the bailiff gave my friend on his arrival a notice of distress giving 6 days to pay and also a final notice filled out on the same day as the distress but saying he would be removing the car one day the same week, less than the six days???? is that ok to do ??

so if you could help out here i would be very gratefull as i dont like the sound of the site we found having to pay over £100 without an invoice, seems a bit risky to me??

ive not lived at this address for years so would never have got any paperwork anyhow, my friend lives there but not me, i gave that address for the fixed penalty notice though.

dont want to say too much on here to show who i am, so i can PM anyone who can help the finer details if needed.

You'll get better advice on here than using John Glat and his Bailiff Mediation website.

I have dealt with him a few times and the £125 he charges is a waste of money in my opinion. He's never had anything reduced with us and ended up asking us for advice on what to do!!!

Not sure why this site autocorrects his surname transposing the L and A though?

Edited by High Court Enforcer

John Glat? Know him quite well and he does offer a good service. His speciality is council tax.

Now High Court Enforcer, why would a HIGH court enforcer ever be involved with council tax?

Sorry 'bout the spelling, I know I haven't read that much since I last had my eyes tested, but it still keeps coming out the same.

As Groucho asked 'You haven't got a baboon in your pocket have you...'

John Ga.

Lt.

Edited by Fair-Parking

HIGH court enforcers do not involve themselves with council tax.

I think HCE is saying he wears two hats!!

Strangely enough I recently went into court with my ex-claimant and they trotted in a Barrister who given the circumstances and with the finacial reward being so small had they been successful (they lost) he was in effect acting as a Solicitor...times must be hard for the legal profession.:roll:

WD

Edited by wonkeydonkey

Sorry - I always thought that it was a magistrates court that issued distress warrants. Just how does the HIGH COURT become involved?

I think you may be missing something here. Just because HCE uses High Court in his name does not mean that is all he does. He has already stated he is also a Certificated bailiff as well which entitles him to collect Council Tax, Motoring fines etc as well as his High Court Enforcement work.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, I know what I am saying.

High Court Enforcer posted derogatory comments about John Ga lt which he failed to show any evidence for as per his normal postings and as per normal bailiff procedure. These people expect you to take their word for everything even when they have nothing that authenticates either themselves or their authority.

Of course we could all take HCE's word for it, but having spoken to John on many occasions, I'm quite happy to support his professionalism.

This is a forum which is full of peoples opinions. Mine is that John Galt is not worth the £125 he charges.

You dont have to believe me, but it is my opinion.

The OP will have to make there own mind up on whether they spend their £125 or take the free advice afforded by posters on CAG.

Because I am a certificated bailiff also and the companies I work for cover CT also.

Aha! We have caught you out! I believe you to be male. You cannot possibly multi-task. Hoist with your own petard! [Which, incidently, is a saying with a very fascinating history]. :p

Best wishes.

Rae.

Aha! We have caught you out! I believe you to be male. You cannot possibly multi-task. Hoist with your own petard! [Which, incidently, is a saying with a very fascinating history]. :p

Best wishes.

Rae.

Sorry Rae but HCE can multi task. I know that it is NORMALLY the case that only us females can multi task ( the male variety find this almost impossible!!).

Some companies do have bailiffs working on an exclusive bailiffs working on EITHER council tax OR PCN recovery ( which of course attracts a different fee scale).

With companies like Marston Group in particular, the situation can be a NIGHTMARE. This is because, up until only 3 years ago, MG traded as Drakes bailiffs. However, Drakes never quite recovered from the dreadful "Whistleblower" TV expose on the bailiff industry (CCCS suffered even worse).

MG then purchased a High Court Enforcement firm called John Marston & Co and changed their name to Marston Group.

This also allowed the company to branch out in High Court Enforcement work.

However, over 75% of the turnover with Marston Group comes from the enforcement of Magistrates Court Fines with HCE work making up the balance. A small part of the business is from PCN recovery with almost nothing from council tax

This means that they have High Court Enforcement Officers working Writs of Fi Fa, (sorry Rae but some of them are certificated bailiffs as well) and there is also the situation that any of them can work Magistrate Court warrants for unpaid court fines. This is because of the stupid clause within the contract that provides for a bailiff to work for 6 months with being certificated!!

Not only are the regulations completely different for each debt type, the fees scales are different as well,

Hi ok then here goes.

about 2 years ago i was stoped in a car that is owned by a relatyives garage, the car is registered at that business address under trade, it was in for work to be done to it, after the work had been done it was road tested,by me straight into a huge police road check, pulled over, no road tax, £60 fixed penalty notice given, off i go.

send of the part 3 form at bottom of yellow FP ticket to ask for court hearing to argue that it was under trade and was road tested with a currant MOT.(i would prob still get done but hey ho)

i heard nothing, after a year almost to the day i got a letter from the court i think, saying that there is now a county court bailif going to chase for the money, i rang the court, didnt want to help, so rang the ticket office and spoke to a woman and asked why i hadnt had a court date in a year, she said cause we havent had the part 3 form, i said well i sent it,she asked do you have proof, i said no and were on the form does it say i need to keep proof, send it recorded delivery or chase the courts if i dont hear from them, she said it doesnt, so i asked if they would sort it, she said she would look into it and i should write a letter to say i sent the form off, i said i wont send a letter as it doesnt say anywhere i have to or i have to chase the courts(unlike DVLA), so please get back to me with an answer....... almost a year later(3 days ago) a bailif is outside my friends house where the car is kept saying he is here to seize it, so my friend calls me and i call the bailiff on his mobile and tell him i would be there asap, he said how long or ill charge to wait.

so i get there and start to ask him why he is taking it and that its not my car, he said he didnt care and he will clamp it anyway, so i warned him not to or the owner will not be happy, he didnt clamp it, i then asked to see the warrant and paperwork 8 times he refused and said NO, your being awkward so im not showing it to you????

he then just kept hanging around and being a pain, not answering questions, or giving us 30mins-1hour to go and get the V5 to proov its not mine, he said no ill clamp it. so i rang the police, they PCN checked the car and said yes it registered as trade so he cant touch it and left, so did the bailiff.

the car has now been removed elsewhere.

ive called the ticket office and the court and all say its too late i must pay the bailiffs £300 odd including the £90 for the ticket..... its not going to happen even if i have to go inside, i will ou5t of principal.

i sent my part 3 off in good faith, its not my fault the court never got it, and there is no law that says i have to.

so the bailiff gave my friend on his arrival a notice of distress giving 6 days to pay and also a final notice filled out on the same day as the distress but saying he would be removing the car one day the same week, less than the six days???? is that ok to do ??

so if you could help out here i would be very gratefull as i dont like the sound of the site we found having to pay over £100 without an invoice, seems a bit risky to me??

ive not lived at this address for years so would never have got any paperwork anyhow, my friend lives there but not me, i gave that address for the fixed penalty notice though.

dont want to say too much on here to show who i am, so i can PM anyone who can help the finer details if needed.

Can you please confirm something.

Does this debt relates to a FPN (Fixed Penalty Notice) or to a PCN (Penalty Charge Notice).

I suspect that it is the FPN. If so, is the debt with either Marston Group, Philips, Swift Credit or Excel. You do not need to provide the name of which one.