ICO and bypassing the DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would urge everyone to check the default dates registered by this company as I have found incorrect dates on all three of my credit reports and my sisters have incorrect dates as well.

Lowell seem to think that when they purchase a debt they have the right to register there own default date which is against the Data Protection Act 1998.

I'm not 100% sure they even own my alleged debt.

Only the original creditor can register the default date and ICO guidelines state it must be accurate.

Only the original creditor can register the default date and ICO guidelines state it must be accurate.

If they bought the debt, they can transfer the defult to their name.

As you point out however, they cannot alter the date.

David

I have copies of my credit report from all three of the CRA's. On one theres a double entry from the OC and Lowell with different default dates. On another theres an entry from Lowell with another default date and the same with the third CR. It just goes to show the total disregard for the rules of the Data Protection Act 1998.

i think it also shows that cra's work hand in glove with dca's i never check mine, it seems moment people do all the dca's come crawling out of the woodwork, why worry about them, either you can credit (if youre silly enough to get back on the treadmill) or you cant...

I spoke to ICO at length today and they are well aware of the CRA's and DCA practices. They even suggested that they may purposely file incorrect information in the hope that it will be questioned by the alleged debtor. Thus alerting them. They advised me to go directly to Lowell with my complaints and if I wasn't happy to inform them and the ICO would launch an investigation.

I know this debt becomes SB this year so I'm expecting a last effort from Lowell very soon.

I'm hoping to string them along for a while before making them aware that it is SB!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to try a new tactic regarding the ICO and DCA's.

I have no desire to contact any DCA as I do not consider myself to have any contracts or accounts with them. So I'm going to play the DCA's at there own game. As they constantly deny receiving letters etc etc, I'm going to go straight to the ICO with my complaints.

As far as I'm concerned I have written to the DCA's and they have not responded.

Even though I have proof from OC regarding incorrect DCA default dates SB debts we all know DCA's will not alter or remove data without going to court.

i'll keep you all updated complaints go in this week.