Halifax door visit?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

It's my first post on this section and I desperately need some help or advice if someone have come across similar experience etc..

So, I'm oweing Halifax around on a credit card which I've been paying minimum until my financial situation changed in Jan and I'm missed 2 months' payment since. I've requested for my CCA and they've sent it on time and looks like enforceble to me.

My problem is that this is registered to an address which I no longer live in but I get all the correspondance redirect to my new address. I've also understand that they've left trillion voicemail at my old address through checking my voicemail remotely. So, no doubt they're trying their best to contact me. I've stated on all the correspondance that all contact are in writing only but of course they choose to ignore.

I've proposed a reduced payment which they're not agreeing, suggested me to contact other charity source for help and continue to make token payments.. So today, I've received a note about a home visit next week by their representative and if I'm not around, I should call and re-arrange. This note is send with Halifax letterhead and doesn't look like from a DCA yet.

Has any of you had that in the past? How likely are they to turn up? Is it just a way to get me to call them? I really dont know what to do, in a way if I'm sure someone is going to turn up, I would go there and act as if I live there to avoid them hunting for me at other addresses later but because it is soooo far away, I'm not sure if it is worth going and it is just a buff!

Besides, what do they really do if they turn up? Ask for a cup of tea and a chat??! :confused:

I'd appreciate if someone can share their thoughts, I'm planning to pay some of it off slowly but just can't afford it right now and really not meant to run away like this but because we really cannot be disclosed at new address, this is the only option!

I'm suprise how quickly this esclate consider I've only missed 2 payments...just hope it'll take a bit longer before it gets to court if they choose to do so..:(

Hi,

Are there any charges you could re-claim.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Send them this letter

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

As you have been informed previously I will only communicate with you in writing.

I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly noted.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission, which is the postman and people asking for directions etc.

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully

PRINT YOUR NAME

Send this letter by at least recorded delivery or if you can afford the extra next day special delivery and keep your receipt safe.

In a lot of instances it is just threats to call in the hope you will ring them and they then can pressurise you into making a payment.

As always it is recommended everything is in writing so you have a paper trail that you can look to should the need arise.

Hope this has helped.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Hi,

Agree with Rhos here, had the 'letter' in the past (Wage slip style where you have to tear off three sides). No one ever shows up, just a threat to get you to contact them

H

Edited by Helford
Just spotted typo!

Thanks everyone! :) I feel a bit better now, I've decided not to travel over 150miles to sit in an empty house waiting for no one to turn up. It is exactly the type of wage slip notice that Helford described.

Has anyone managed to negotiate a reduced payment plan directly with Halifax? I've written to them but they direct me to payplan etc for help and ask me to make token payments meanwhile. If someone managed to get a reduced payment set up with them direct, are there any template letter which might give me more success from them?

Thanks again!

Well I thought I had!

But now Blair Oliver & Scott dealing with mine so may be better off, we shall see, here is my thread if you want to take a look.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/200906-halifax-cca.html

Have just put the account in dispute and sent SAR to gather evidence of their untruths! Realise now I should have disputed it long ago but you live and learn (from CAG)

Don't believe a word they say, verbal or written!

Any questions, just ask and if I can help, I will. :):)

Edited by Dotty50