Finally received my statements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

and now I'm going for them!

An interesting letter arrived from Danny Mullins regarding my question on the members of staff who have manually intervened on my account-

"Unfortunately, an investigation of this kind would involve a disproportionate effort and HBoS is not legally obliged to supply this information"

Surely, they have been charging me these penalties over the previous 6 years based on the manual intervention so it should be a fairly simple process to pull together this information... unless of course there is no manual intervention?

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

I am not sure whether that excuse would stand scrutiny by the Information Commissioner so it may be worth complaining. You could, I suppose, pick a single month when you incurred a lot of charges and ask the bank to provide manual intervention information just for that month.

"Unfortunately, an investigation of this kind would involve a disproportionate effort and HBoS is not legally obliged to supply this information"

Hmmm, they have started doing their reading. Well at least The Bank Action Group is having a positive effect on bank staff development.

You could reply back requiring a DPA disclosure of all screen notes relating to your account. Also give them a list of the dates and events and amounts which triggered charges and saythat you want any evidence of manual intervetion in repsect of those transactions. This might make it more proportionate for them as you will have done half the spade work for them.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks